Do/will you 'vet' who your children want to be friends with?

I don't vet my kids friends, but there have been a handful of times when that I've decided not to have particular kids over for overnights or send my kids to their house because I felt like there were some power issues/subtle bullying going on.

Now that they are older I really try to instill in them that the people we surround ourselves with make a big difference in our lives and we should be aware of whether our friends accept us and encourage us or of they seem to be dragging us down.

It's only based on attitude, never on appearance or social class. I also don't mind them having friends that are a little rowdy, as long as they aren't truly destructive or disrespectful.

Yes I would, but based on behaviour not social class or anything like that. Thankfully there hasn't really been anyone that the kids know who I would object to them seeing, there was one boy in my second eldest's previous evening class who was not only a bully but a really bad influence and I asked my son to be moved to a different class, which he was. I eventually took the boys out of there altogether as the teachers were a bit naive and just unable to handle bullying or poor behaviour xx

I would and have had to stop my 6 year old from playing with another girl, it wasn't because of her social class even though it may seem like it is but she was around 8 years old so a little older, she constantly had headlice even though I told the parents several times that my DD1 had had them several times so could they maybe check their kids (not in a accusatory way) and just the girls general attitude towards everyone telling them to f**k off etc she tried to tell my DD1 who was 5 at the time about her parents having sex and constantly talked about willies (dd1 told me this) it got to the point where DD1 was asking boys if she could see their willies in class, so I stopped her from playing with her and went to the school and told them to keep them apart, but on a general basis she has a lovely group of friends from all different backgrounds and I hopefully won't have to intervene again but this time it was needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->