Do you dye your hair?

kitabird

Mammy to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm naturally mousey coloured and have been lightening my hair since I was a teenager. A while ago I decided to stop and see what my natural colour would look like. Problem is, there are a noticeable number of greys coming through, which I knew would happen. Is 31 too young to let the grey show?! I don't have the time or money to dye my hair regularly so I'd have to go back to good old Sun In to disguise it.

I stopped dying my hair a few years ago. It's gone back to dark blonde from being platinum. When greys start to come though I'm going to leave them. Grey hair is beautiful!

Yea I used to do bold bright colours but my hair was getting ruined (it's dark brown naturally so needed bleach to get bright). It was so ruined it was falling out so I stopped and now just use a black dye which is far gentler than lightening lol.

I'm 31 as well and a few greys show at the roots if I don't redo them often. I've been getting greys since I was 17/18!

The greys don't bother me so much I just feel if my hair must be dark I want it black rather than almost black.

So strange I was just coming on to do a thread about hair dying. Yes I dye my hair, I have done pretty much non stop since the age of 12 barring pregnancy, nothing too crazy I have darkish brown hair and I usually dye it just a different shade of brown, I used to have highlights and I've been red. I like to dye my hair regularly not so much for the colour itself but for the shininess, my hair looks in much better condition when dyed without it I have a really dull, Matt brown colour. I do have a couple of greys (at 26!!) but not enough that is noticeable, tbh I would probably dye my hair until maybe 50 but for the reasons above as well as grey coverage. Perhaps not if I was going properly grey though, like a pp says grey chair can look lovely, but as I've got dark hair I wouldn't want mostly dark with loads of random grey strands. But il cross that bridge when I get to it!!

I don't because my hair grows fast and after a week it looks badly in need of dying again. I don't think I have any grey hairs yet but I haven't looked too closely. My mum went grey at 17 so I'm lucky.

Yep. Natural blonde but dye it a couple of shades lighter (to almost white) normally.

Right now, it's a darker browny red though.

I'm 28 and have had grey hair at the roots for 2/3 years (thanks mum and dad!) I dye mine every month.

The grey hair is splattered throughout my hairline and I also have a patch at the from that you can see when it's tied up. No way am I leaving it to go grey naturally. It's all wiry which makes it worse!

Yeah I do, I've had my hair probably every colour you can think of. Right now its light blonde. Naturally its dark dark brown. I did leave it to grow out through pregnancy and a bit longer and its a really nice brown naturally, and healthy looking but I have grey straglers too!! xx

I used to get mine highlighted to quite a light blonde, and I did dye it dark years ago at one point but I haven't done anything with it for over a year now, my natural colour is like a dirty blonde which is what it is now pretty much. My hairs been in such better condition since I stopped so I'm not sure whether to bother dying it again tbh! I'm not sure what I'd do if I had grey hairs, I think I'd get very thin highlights just so they weren't as noticeable but so I'm not completely dying all my hair.

I'm naturally this colour and quite happy with it so I don't dye it but I much prefer it when it's had sun on it

I started dying my hair just a slightly lighter shade a couple of months ago. But I think its a lot more dry and frizzy now so I hope summer comes round soon and takes care of that sun-kissed hair color for me :)

Yea I dye my hair. It's naturally almost black. I've dyed it red, brown, blonde and blue. Unfortunately because I tend to not condition it properly, it ends up getting miserably damaged and I have to cut it off. I bleach and dye it myself. Salon work is just too expensive... and I figure, why pay someone for something I can do myself?

I don't really mind having to chop my hair off anyway, change is good. However I think I'll be more careful next time around and condition it more often :p

I naturally have mid brown hair. I used to dye it dark brown but it was so much effort and never seemed to last long, so I don't anymore.

No, I never have. I am a redhead and have freckles which are brown but have an orange tinge :wacko: so I am not sure any other colour would suit me as much as I want to try.

Ooh Tasha I love red hair, it always looks so healthy an thick xx

I used to bleach my hair platinum blonde but it made it so horrible! :dohh:

Now it's light brown and ombré'd! Still in a pretty bad state though :dohh: Xxx

My hair is naturally a mousy brown and is dyed an ash blonde with caramel highlights. I have a few grey hairs coming through but they tone in quite well with my dye

The clues in my username :rofl: The greys are soon blended after a bleach and pink sesh. I am defo gonna be one of those old ladies who dye their hair to the end of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->