Do you ever have to... (TMI)

beccyj1979

Reaction score
Heya,

Sorry this is embarrassing but, do you ever... **Blush** have to strain to go to the toilet?

**Blush**

I do almost every time now - but I'm really worried that it might cause damage. Am I the only one who has to and can it be harmful?

Thanks for your help.

Bec xx

nope u r not the only1! i am severely constipated most of the time and i cant remember the last time i went 2 the loo. constipation is unfortunately a not so nice side 2 pregnancy!!!

I have bee a bit constipated through my whole pregancy so far and probably go once every 3 days at the mo...be careful straining as thats how you get piles. I kinda think, when its ready to come outit will come!! Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit and that should soften it and speed up the proces! xx

Its quite normal hun, try to drink more water and eat more fibre to soften things up.. Prunes are meant to very good for constipation... but they taste yucky!!!
Straining won't hurt the baby, you just have to careful about piles.

eat lots of fruit/fibre, and next time you see the midwife ask her for some lactulose or similar to soften it up

I only have this every so often, and it normally works itself out within a few hours, so there's no point in me taking anything for it. I normally just come back later, instead of risking hemorrhoids (sp?). But if you're having it constantly, you could try Lactulose, which is a syrup you take three times daily. It's perfectly safe during pregnancy. You don't need to get it from your midwife. I picked some up from the local pharmacy for about £3.

I think yesterday was the only day in months and months that i didnt have to strain!!!!!
Mine is so bad sometimes and i have to actually push my bottom around the anus to help ..
Sorry.. a bit TMI...
I also tend to bleed .. im sure i rip sometimes.
Thank GOD its getting better.
Im eating LOADS of weetabix which is the only thing that seems to help me.

I was bad in my first trimester, but since eating a bowl of Bran for breakfast every morning (topped with chopped banana), I am now more regular than what I ever was pre-pregnancy.

I would really recommend trying it. It takes a few days to kick in properly. I also find if I skip a day (and have toast instead) that it also interupts the regular cycle. So give it a go for a two weeks and if you find it helps, then stick with it.

:)

i find eating a fibre cereal really helps me and if i dont it hurts and interupts my cycle.

i will be honest and i am sorry if this is tmi. i had constipation probelms since i was like 10 and so nothing works anymore. when i first found out i was pregnant it got a little worse and i used to enemas. i now have myself convinced that yes it will prob hurt when i go but that i have to go and that labor will hurt more lol and i have been telling myself that since i found out and so now yes i still strain but it does not hurt as much as it used to. sorry if tmi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->