Do you feel its rude

I agree I find it really awkward at my special needs groups/hospital appointments to talk to anyone because im so worried about saying the wrong thing!

How else would you ask about their child? or as above would you prefer not to be asked?

I saw this in New Posts and agree it's terrifically rude. But I'm struggling to think of ways to express (non-judgemental!) interest in your children's experiences/health that would not be regarded as rude!

How would you like for people to ask you about it, given that special care for your children must be a significant part of your experience? Or do you prefer people to say nothing and leave it to you to offer information in your own time?

I don't mind interest expressed at all. Questions like what is that in her neck, what happened etc are fine. What is wrong implies a fault in a person, that is rude. I am proud of how strong my daughter is and I am always willing to explain if people ask.

Funny enough a teenager asked what was wrong and I was fine with it, they are not "mature" enough to know its rude.

I agree I find it really awkward at my special needs groups/hospital appointments to talk to anyone because im so worried about saying the wrong thing!

How else would you ask about their child? or as above would you prefer not to be asked?

In your position I would ask if they have a diagnosis.

I think this all depends on how well u know the person asking - if its a complete stranger then yes its incredibly rude and none of their business.

My son is getting more noticably different to other children his age and younger, ive not had to answer that question yet but im sure that time will come. Not sure how i will react then though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->