• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you "forget" about children? *sensitive*

I agree in that instance too. :flower: However, I'm talking in this particular instance where it was her mother (not a daycare provider) who was watching the child.

Maybe I'm alone in my beliefs :haha: But if my MIL or mother watched Claire and they weren't up for it for the short time that I was going to leave them I'd rather them tell me so. Actually, MIL has in the past... she's got some health issues and will say if she's not okay with taking Claire for me if I have an appointment.

Of course, it sucks. :haha: Then I'm trying to figure out something else or I end up bringing Claire with me. But I'd much rather that than her tell me she's fine when she isn't and then something happening to Claire. Not sure if I'm making sense :haha:

I guess I can understand 'forgetting'. I have forgotten my newborn son at home. I thought I had put him in the car, but didnt. But, I realized not one minute later...and he was safely in his car sea inside the house! Longest two minutes of my life turning around and coming home and not knowing if he was in the driveway or house!! I was really rushed picking p hubby from work and he would get grumpy. After that, I slowed down!

I forgot my daughter at the school once. She usually never came those days, but that day she did. I was talking to some moms for some time and she was off playing in a little treed part of the school yard. I left, with my son, adn walked up the hill to the road (2 minute walk at the most) and realised and RAN back.

I can see forgetting, a momentary lapse in memory...not HOURS! And a car?! I have darkened windows, but would still clearly see my kids when I got out! But, even if I didnt, and I forgot...would there not be a moment where I thought of them during the day? I am busy busy at work, and I think about them, my day, my plans, the schedule..ALLday long. How can these people not?

My final arguement. I work with people disputing charges laid by police. I hear normal everyday, good citizen people LIE....LIE EVERY SINGLE DAY to get off. So.....it makes me believe NO ONE.

At the end...I dont buy their stories. but, say I did...say, my son died that day for my actions of forgetting him. Would his death be punishment for me? Yes. But not society's and we have an obligation to do so.

I can't see Abby in the back seat through the tint on my windows.

I also quite easily get to the middle of the afternoon before she crosses my mind. Not every day but it happens.

I don't believe it is society's place to punish a parent who has been careless and has lost their child because of it. Deliberately negligent, yes, but careless? Nope. Any sentence has no impact on society at all.

Of course some people lie to get off with things, but not everyone does so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->