Do you get anything from your boss?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I'm new to being a manager this year and wonder if I should be getting a little something for my employees? I only have 4 staff, 1 in particular has had a very tough time and worked really hard but I can't buy for one and not all. I've not really been given anything in the past, have you guys been given anything? If you have employees do you do anything? Thanks.

Our boss gets everyone a small gift card to the local grocery store. It's not much, but it helps with getting some of the holiday meal stuff, so its a very nice gesture.

When I worked, my boss used to get us something like a box of chocolates or bottle of wine.

My hubby and I are both self employed me as a writer so there's no one hiring me as such, he as a gardener. He usually gets a 'bonus' from the people he works for. Just a little something extra the last week before Christmas in the envelope with his money.

My boss doesn't get me anything. For my staff I usually bring in some homemade goodies for them to enjoy. I enjoy making them and they enjoy eating them, so win win

my boss gives us a €200 gift card

I had one boss once that got us candles. That was really sweet. Otherwise I've never gotten anything from bosses, though did always get holiday bonuses from the company.

When I worked full time we got a annual bonus at Christmas and my boss sometimes got me a gift like bag, candle, wine etc. We also had a staff Christmas party that was all paid for by the company (my sister used to pay for her own Christmas party!)

Now I work for one person part time and he sometimes pays me a little extra, last year he got us a family day out to a local theme park which is really nice and thoughtful. I got him a bottle of wine.

I'm a manager and I buy each of my staff a selection box because who wants to grow up. I norms get a tin of chocs for the store aswell

when i was in placement last year they got me a present to say thanks, it was one of those hot chocolate mug sets in a nice box. Wouldnt have cost much but i was thrilled with it and really made me feel valued, even though i didn't work there.

Once at my old job they bought us small selection packs! They're like, 99p in store and we'd get discount but it's the thought that counts. Made me very happy

Last year from my boss i got a gift bag with a scarf and smellies. She buys for 10 members of staff. Her bosses give everyone a selection box each (Roses etc). They walk round to every desk to hand them out and say thank you for the hard work (if ive worked hard, haha!). I love that :)

I teach in a school and our head teacher doesn't buy for but the school budget pays for all the LSA's to get a little present usually a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates.

OH buys his staff a small gift. I think it's a nice gesture it doesn't have to be expensive. Although for us it does end up that way as there's so many of them :haha:
They do a secret Santa between them all too. X

My husband gets a bonus, a card, chocolates and some kind of alcoholic or non alcoholic beverage and usually a bunch of flowers. He works for a large company though.

I don't but we do a department secret Santa every year . Also they do a Santa day where you can bring your kids in and they let you pick any toy up to £10 from toys r us which they buy and wrap for them which is lovely .

I usually do, it's never anything much but I really don't expect much! I had a voucher for a salon to get a manicure last year and the year before I got a lush gift set.

I only joined my current company in January so this is my first Christmas and I don't whether management will be buying gifts.
My previous employers we just did a secret Santa that included the managers.

If your company only has 4 people I would say get them a little something if you can afford to :)

We usually get a bottle of wine, which I usually give to someone else :haha: and on the last day before Xmas my boss buys us all a Costa and Muffins, which is nice.

It's the thought that counts!

xx

Thanks everyone, I have bought them all a box of Belgian chocolates each and will leave a big tub of quality streets in the office for our volunteers (I have too many to buy them individual gifts!) as I'm on leave the week before Xmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->