Do you get free nhs precriptions/dental treatment if you receive tax credits?

Thank you I will give them a ring today and see what they say. I've looked online and I meet the criteria for one but have never been sent one. I have never been sent a maternity exemption certificate either x

I've just rang them and sorted it :) I am entitled from 6th April and my exemption card is in the post. When they work out entitlement they do it from the previous tax year and my 2012-2013 income was above the cut off x

Oh glad you're getting one! With the maternity one I'm sure you have to apply, it won't matter anyway now though. xx

Oh glad you're getting one! With the maternity one I'm sure you have to apply, it won't matter anyway now though. xx

I had one the first time I was pregnant but I miscarried at 7 weeks so I destroyed the card. When I was pregnant with LO I kept asking the midwife for the form to send off but she never had any so I just gave up in the end lol x

Okay thanks ladies :) what annoys me most is that the dentist has actually made my teeth like this.. They were okay till I went for the the fillings grr! X

Careful on statements like this. Its very common that in cases where people havent been to the dentist in years, have decay that needs treated, that the decay ends up being deeper than expected. Its easy to blame the Dr's for everything but not always accurate.

That makes sense I suppose but I've been 3 times with pain since the filling and I just keep getting told it is phantom pain :shrug:

I can totally sympathise! I had my first and only filling done about a year ago. It was very sensitive for the first few weeks which I just assumed was normal, but it never got better. It is agony to eat or drink anything cold (even just water from the tap) and the tooth directly below the filling is also sensitive. I haven't been back to the dentist though and it's put me off ever having any more fillings. If I needed one on the other side of my mouth it would make drinking impossible!

I do have an NHS exemption card but last time I went, that wasn't one of the categories I could tick on the form. They gave me free treatment anyway because it was an emergency and my dentist is lovely, but I'm now confused about whether an exemption card is enough.

What sort of exemption card is it? X

Think its only with working tax credits

Your working tax credits has to include a disability element, if you only receive wtc. If not, you have to receive child tax credits as well to qualify. You can also get a card if you only receive ctc, and meet the income threshold. X

Yeh I do. Prob cos ur maternity one is still valid they won't send one out yet. Expect one soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->