do you give to charity?

I'm running the race for life this year, and raising money that way for cancer research.
I always buy a poppy, i donate to charity shops when i can and i'm never ashamed to buy from them if i see something i like.

If i see someone in the street/supermarket etc with a penny pot then i always donate a few coppers, but i never do any payments by direct debit or such likes, because i have enough direct debits of my own to worry about!

I hate charity callers at the door, though i know they have a purpose, i don't like to be made to feel guilty because i won't donate JUST £2 per month or such.

i will donate to cancer research, marie curie cancer care-(because they were amazing the way they helped care for my nan in her last few weeks), and the stroke association (my grandad died from a stroke) i give to the poppy appeal, and also the RAFA wings appeal as both my dad and grandad are ex-RAF.

They are the only ones i support!

I'd like to but don't have enough money for myself never mind other people, I used to give to nspcc and cancer research when I could afford it though

I don't donate regularly. I'd sooner do things than give money. I give blood though, if that counts

I give £8 a month to the NSPCC..I was walking past a lad in the town and he was really hyper, and made me laugh and then talked to me about the NSPCC and made me cry, so there was nothing else I could do but sign up to the direct debit!

I give to the Diabetes charity as well, as it's something very close to home!

I give loose change to people in town with collection boxes in town as well, and at the football we have loads of collections. I always give something, even if it is only 20p!

I try to give to everyone! xx

When ciaran gets new toys i put his old toys in the charity shops :D

I run an Epilepsy Support Group and organise events to raise money for Epilepsy Research UK. I have a sponsored walk coming up in Essex on August 8th and have over 200 people taking part to help raise money for the charity and also to raise Epilepsy Awareness at the same time xx

i dont give any regular money to charity but have done things through world vision and will be running the race for life this year!! :)

i buy poppies and sponsor people when they are doing something for charity and i put spare change in charity boxes but i would never set up a direct debit though as my friend did this and they took more than they should of done the first time it came out of her bank! i also take in clothes and books to the charity shops so they can sell them on i do like giving to charity because it makes me feel helpful :) and i also agree that only a small percentage goes to charity which is sad really :( x

I've always brought the Breast Cancer pins.

I have also given to the Cancer Research quite a bit recently as my Dad got diagnosed with Lung and Throat Cancer last October and as i have taken him to the Hospital (weekly for his Chemo and daily for his Raido) i've given to them through there Xmas raffle and Easter tombola and stuff like that.

O/H gives £2 a month to Water Aid as he says "everyone needs fresh water"!

Really depends on if I have the money.

I used to sponsor a child through World Vision - but things became beyond tight and I couldn't afford it at all. Plus, every month they were trying to suck more money out of me.

I donate to the local Humane Society in my hometown as it's something close to my heart. Whether it's a financial donation - big or small - just depends on what I can afford. Or whether it's a donation of items for the shelter.

I also usually donate to food drives, etc.

I give absolutely everything that can be given to the charity shop to the charity shop!

The local secondary school are sending a few kids to Africa this summer to help set up a school and they've asked local people to collect there 1 & 2p's for 6 months so im doing that

I sponser a little boy from the Honduras. I've been his sponser for about 3 years or so now, he's really getting big! :cloud9: I'll probably continue to sponser children, breaks my heart to see so many little ones suffering when we have so much. :cry:

I also donate to the Humane Society here. They're always in need of blankets, toys and food. They'll even take opened bags of dry food.

I put money in collection tins, I buy poppies, badges, keyrings etc, and also sponsor people. I also give her old clothes to social services for those less fortunate. We are in the process of setting up a trust fund for Jessica so all my money will go there now to provide help finacially in getting her prosthetic legs and if she has any special needs like a specially adapted car etc. We will be asking others for help by way of selling raffle tickets, doing auctions, bootsales, discos, sponsored events etc. At least then I will know that every penny is going directly to the cause. Also I will be donating Jessie's old toys to the hospitals that have treated her for use in waiting rooms/childrens wards xXx

i put money in boxes donate old clothes to charity and sponser people for different events x

I also give money everymonth to the NSPCC and the McMillan cancer charity x

As a family, we do a lot for charity.

My uncle has written two cookbooks, with ALL proceeds going to a bowel cancer charity, and they were printed at cost to him

My Dad is a spokesperson for Everyman Cancer Charity, and travels all over the country in his spare time with them.

My Oh works with military charitires trough his work.

I volunteer with Riding For The Disabled and am going to start teaching disabled children how to horse ride soon.

I have previously volunteered with youth charities and animal charities.

OH and I give money every month to the dog's trust.

We also give money, and buy things from HFH www.helpforheroes.org.uk

We also support the countryside alliance, that fights for the rights of people like farmers.

I've raised £550 so far for cancer research race for life in June.

IMO donating isn't always the best way to help, as although charities DO need donations to run, a lot of the bigger charities spend this money of people's salaries, and tv campaigns. Go into a shop and volunteer an hour a week, go and ring your local youth charity and ask if you can work with the children. Ring your local dog shelter and ask if you can walk the dogs for them. There is SO much you can do, not just give money. :)

As a family, we do a lot for charity.

My uncle has written two cookbooks, with ALL proceeds going to a bowel cancer charity, and they were printed at cost to him

My Dad is a spokesperson for Everyman Cancer Charity, and travels all over the country in his spare time with them.

My Oh works with military charitires trough his work.

I volunteer with Riding For The Disabled and am going to start teaching disabled children how to horse ride soon.

I have previously volunteered with youth charities and animal charities.

OH and I give money every month to the dog's trust.

We also give money, and buy things from HFH www.helpforheroes.co.uk

We also support the countryside alliance, that fights for the rights of people like farmers.

I've raised £550 so far for cancer research race for life in June.

IMO donating isn't always the best way to help, as although charities DO need donations to run, a lot of the bigger charities spend this money of people's salaries, and tv campaigns. Go into a shop and volunteer an hour a week, go and ring your local youth charity and ask if you can work with the children. Ring your local dog shelter and ask if you can walk the dogs for them. There is SO much you can do, not just give money. :)

That is very true! Our shelters here are always in need of little things like old towels, blankets or throws for the cages that the dogs sit in. They'll gladly accept any sort of used chew toy (or any toy in general). If someone does want to donate money, they can specifically buy these little cot-things that the dogs can sleep on so they arn't directly on the concrete floor.

I give clothes to the bags you get through the letterbox and i put pennies in pots next to shop tills. I always buy us all a poppy as well x

Yes, I donate a lot to charity.

Timewise, I used to volunteer at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada, 700 hours over 3 years. Things like wrapping gifts for the Christmas parties, children's programs.. and used to volunteer at the SPCA "socializing" cats!

I'm a sucker for adding $1 or $2 on at check outs to my purchase for charities too! I did it today @ Winners, $10 for women's shelters.. did it last week at Wal Mart, "rounded up my purchase" to the nearest dollar for the children's hospital, and at Blockbuster, $2 for the children's hospital.

I donate a lot to food drives too. And just cleared out a bunch of clothes to donate to the Canadian Diabetes Association? and some other household items went to a cat rescue society, they're holding a garage sale, profits going towards spay vet expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->