do you give your baby semi skimmed milk?

mel102

Reaction score
My little girl is 13 months and only drinks formula milk in the morning and before bed so I give her semi skimmed milk during the day as its what we all drink but ive just red that children under 24months should not drink semi skimmed as it isn't as good for them. What does everyone elses lo drink? :)

Full fat for children under 5, is my opinion.

I drink skimmed milk personally, but Millie will have full fat for a good number of years.

Same as above. We used to buy semi skimmed but since dd started drinking cows milk at 1, we have all been drinking full fat

I only use skimmed milk, but we buy full fat for LO, she has had my milk but as a rule if she's having a drink of milk she gets full fat

Full fat. After 2 they can switch but its recomended till age 5.

I always brought full fat for my lo and semi skimmed for us. I then realised my oh didn't give lo the full fat milk just which ever one he grabbed first meaning we were often left with the full fat milk. Since then I just decided to buy only semi skimmed milk but my lo is now 2 and a half so slightly older

My LO takes full fat milk while I drink skimmed. I've just got into the habit of buying it now, at the start it was strange to see blue top milk in the fridge

From my understanding it's not that semi skimmed is bad for them it's just that full fat has more nutrients? I stopped BF at 9 months and gave stage 1 formula until he was about 18 months because I don't drink milk so it wasn't worth me buying it, it was cheaper for me to buy a powdered milk that didn't go off, and I don't believe in follow on milks. After 18 months when hubby finished training and he lived with us again (he'd been working away) I bought semi skimmed for him so DS1 just had that, he's always eaten a lot of plain yoghurt and cheeses etc it didn't worry me, but when DS2 is over 1 I will probably buy whole milk because him and DS1 can drink it.

Full fat milk until at least age 2. I give both boys full fat milk, and Dh and I drink 2%.

I bought full fat for DS1 until recently. He started insisting that he wanted daddy's milk (semi skimmed) so the full fat was going to waste. It's surprising how quickly I got used to buying 3 different types of milk at one point when I was on a diet.

Bought full fat for Imogen, but then she was allergic to it... Now I have 2 pints of full fat milk in the fridge that needs using up (I can't drink milk but out it in.my tea anyway, but even a little bit in my tea of full fat makes me sick, so I gotta stick to green top)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->