do you have a cleaning routine?

catty

Reaction score
Before I went on maternity leave our flat was really messy as we were both so busy. Now I still feel its messy but looking back its much cleaner thsn it used to be, maybe were just messy people?

Every morning I wash and sterilise bottles, put a load of washing in, wipe down kitchen surfaces and put things back in there place in the living room.
My baby doesnt really make a messyet just a couple of toys here and there but I just think the place looks such a mess!!
I sweep every 2nd day and have a floor cleaner I spray on and wipe the floors, I also clean the couch (always milk stains) and dust the living room surfaces.

However our bedroom is a disaster the bedroom alwayd has clothes thrown around, make up and hair stuff evrywhere, baby blankets, dummies, baby bottle lids, bibs everywhere. I honestly give it a clean everyday and its still the same nothing has a home. Iv tried flylady and didnt like it. I just feel for the amount of hours I clean the place should be spotless and its not :(

i do have a cleaning routine! When i started living on my own is when i realized i was messy. I couldn't blame anyone else haha. I used to clean at random moments and random places, like living room and bathroom or the floor. I realized the house never looked completely clean. So now what i do is i start at one corner of the house and move forward little by little. and the trick to a cleaner house and a less stressed out you is to keep the house clean. that means putting everything where it belongs in the moment. If you used hair products, when you finish put it where it belongs. Dirty clothes go in the hamper not on the floor and when my boyfriend throws his jeans on the floor i leave them there. He can pick them up and put it in the laundry room or wear them dirty. If i'm washing the least he can do is put his clothes where they belong. Also train everyone in the home to follow these rules. It's not fair if you always have to clean up after everyone else.

I do a big clean on a Thursday night/Friday morning. All the bathrooms are cleaned, kitchen and living room get an extra tidy and the floors are mopped an hoovered.
As I have 3 small children who are constantly on the floor, I am constantly hoovering up after them. I probably Hoover or brush downstairs at least 3-5 times a day when we are all at home. You will find once your baby starts crawling, you will have to keep your floors spotless or their clothes will be black from creeping about the floor.
On a Sunday I tend to rub down the bathrooms again and Hoover the whole house (but don't mop). The kitchen is mopped as and when needed but done properly during my big weekly clean.

We also tidy up the living room/kitchen at night after the kiddies go to bed. This way I can relax knowing I won't be waking up to a dirty house.

I probably sound like my house sparkles, but it really doesn't. Their is always something needing done. And don't get me started on washing and ironing- it never stops!

Yes I do! My big cleaning day is every Wednesday! And I do all my other jobs through the week to keep on top of things. I never used to keep on top of things and always used to wonder why it was so hard to keep the place looking tidy! But now if I didn't I would drive myself crazy!!!

I have 3 dogs so have to clean!! I do a big clean twice a week and spot clean everyday, in winter i do big cleans everyday nearly with muddy paws and such!!

I get the curtains / blinds down every few months, beddings washed once or twice a week x

God no, I just do things if and when I have time/can be bothered

Like today, I took the day off but I haven't done much in the house,just a couple of loads of washing and then I emptied and filled the dishwasher. Rest of the day was spent doing other things

My daily things are dusting, going over the floors with a dry mop thing, cleaning the kitchen after cooking, making the bed, spritzing the curtains and rugs with fabric softener mixed with water so the house always smells nice :blush: and just making sure everything goes back where it belongs! I mop the floors and do a light cleaning in the bathrooms every 2 days as well. Our house is quite big but by keeping on top of things I need about an hour to do everything (or two now that I'm pregnant and waddling everywhere) and make sure it's spotless.

I have a cleaning lady that comes over and does the bathrooms really well, balconies, ironing etc...so it's not hard for me to keep the house spotless in between her visits.

I think the best way to get your house in order and settle into a routine, is to do a massive general cleaning one room at a time (if you're all over the place it makes things harder and seems like nothing is getting done!) and from then on just make sure everything is in it's place (dirty clothes in hamper, makeup-accessories-shoes go in their spot as soon as they're used, dishes go in the washing machine immediately as well as utensils as soon as you're done cooking with them etc). If everything is in it's place then it's easy to just dust, sweep etc and keep on top of things on a daily basis :flower:

I'm sure it's much harder if you have children. I'm unemployed so it's easy for me to make sure the house is spotless and food cooked by the time my husband comes home :flower:

No, I do the job that I feel is the highest priority when I get a minute. Nothing is planned. I tend to have little 30 minute windows for things rather than a whole big block. I work part time and hubby full time so I guess cleaning is not a main priority

My daily things are dusting, going over the floors with a dry mop thing, cleaning the kitchen after cooking, making the bed, spritzing the curtains and rugs with fabric softener mixed with water so the house always smells nice :blush: and just making sure everything goes back where it belongs! I mop the floors and do a light cleaning in the bathrooms every 2 days as well. Our house is quite big but by keeping on top of things I need about an hour to do everything (or two now that I'm pregnant and waddling everywhere) and make sure it's spotless.

I have a cleaning lady that comes over and does the bathrooms really well, balconies, ironing etc...so it's not hard for me to keep the house spotless in between her visits.

I think the best way to get your house in order and settle into a routine, is to do a massive general cleaning one room at a time (if you're all over the place it makes things harder and seems like nothing is getting done!) and from then on just make sure everything is in it's place (dirty clothes in hamper, makeup-accessories-shoes go in their spot as soon as they're used, dishes go in the washing machine immediately as well as utensils as soon as you're done cooking with them etc). If everything is in it's place then it's easy to just dust, sweep etc and keep on top of things on a daily basis :flower:

I'm sure it's much harder if you have children. I'm unemployed so it's easy for me to make sure the house is spotless and food cooked by the time my husband comes home :flower:

I've made the fabric conditioner earlier and water spritzer, its amazing how long the smell lasts for & how nice the house smells x

I don't have a cleaning routine, I just clean none stop from about 11am until 5pm. I do make sure I deep clean the bathroom and change the sheets every two days though

I'm gonna try, but no, at the moment I don't. We're at my mums and have two rooms which are ours (bedroom and living/playroom). But then there's the rest of the house, which is huge. There's eight of us and six animals. It gets so messy! But then my parents aren't tidy/clean people so although they have their own ideas of what they like done it's impossible for anything to ever be spotless, but I spend a lot of time doing random jobs in the house that I feel I have to do for fear of being shouted at :haha: But it was definitely much easier in my own place with my own routine and standards. Actually did a huge clean today cos my parents have gone away and are back tomorrow (they leave the house a mess but it has to be clean on return lol) and it has taken all day and I feel like I've gotten nowhere. I never want a big house, and I never wanna become obsessed with a house being spotless; it takes all your time and energy!

No routine for me, just as an when is needed or when I have time!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->