• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you intend to use cotton wool or wipes for babys bottom?

I don't know what formula poo is like but once past the meconium stage cotton wool is easy on a lovely runny yellow BF poo lol. But yeah wipes are easier, only because I can't be phaffed with the water and it makes him wee on me......!

cotton wool for the hospital, to avoid the disapproving glares from the midwifes/nurses aahah. Wipes when home !

We'll be using cotton wool again although I use those pressed makeup remover pads rather than cotton wool balls (which are a nightmare!)

I used cotton wool and then reusable wipes for the first 18 months last time! (I was on a roll! :haha:)

Just a question for those that used cotton wool. Did you use the balls or the rip of wool? I can imagine it taking ages and having to use loads of you use the balls?

Started with the balls, they drove me mad then got those makeup pad things. They're brilliant!

https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Baby-Cotton-Wool-Pads-Large-1-x-80-Pack_924006/

I usually use 70-80% reuse able cloth wipes - fleece with a little spray bottle of water with calendula in it. And then huggies fragrance free wipes the rest of the time

But here in Spain the huggies wipes are hide to find and most wipes are very very fragranced :(

Wipes for the bum. I found cotton wool really annoying for nappy changes. But I will be keeping cotton wool handy too for washing his little face with sterile water before the cord falls off... (If I'm remembering right you aren't supposed to bathe them until then, right?)

Iv never heard of cotton wool instead of wipes…we have stocked up on wipes :)

I used cotton wool and warm water with #1 and wipes with warm water (washable or throw away) with #2
Will be using wipes and a little bowl of warm water again this time!

Ps. I switched to wipes with no water once bottoms had toughened up a bit, probably 6-8w :flower:

I use reusable wipes and warm water. Then I wash with our diapers!
I don't actually know what cotton wool is - all we have here are those little cotton balls. And they definitely wouldn't get poo off unless you used 1/2 a bag :haha:

Wipes here, I actually found cotton wool irritated his skin more due to the amount of rubbing needed to get the poo off. Though I never tried the pressed pads, it was always the rubbish balls!

We are using cloth flannels

A old towel that I have cut up and sewed to funny material.

Cotton wool I used with my daughter and it was such a pain.

This time straight to cloth wipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->