Do you know why your angels died - Update for me

cindersmcphee

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered how many people know why their babies died. I had early m/c at 6 weeks in July. Then fell pregnant with twins, lost one twin at 9 weeks and then Zac died at around 15 weeks (mmc discovered at 16 week scan). I am waiting for post mortem results but am dreading that they are going to tell me that dont know why he died and that I have just been "unlucky". I am 38 so dont have time on my side but I dont think I can go through ttc again without knowing what caused it as I am sure will just happen again.

Update

Got my results today and he had downs. Dr told me that early m/c and loss of one twin is very common and that reason for late loss was that he had Downs. He has taken bloods from me and hubby to test but thinks that unlikely that anything will come back as not common and feels that we should try again whenever we feel ready. So at least I have some answers.

We kind of got half an answer with our angel. He died due to a circumvellate placenta and hyper-coiled umbilical cord, but they couldn't give us any reason but "unlucky" that those things happened.

Thats what I am dreading, I dont think I can bear being told that I am just unlucky and not to worry that will be fine the next time.

i had a full post mortema nd full bloods taken from me... i had a mmc at 18 weeks , my baby had died about 17 +3
They found no reason at all for his death. there was nothing wrong with him he was perfect. nothing wrong with me , my blood, cord or placenta... just unlucky doesn't really feel so good :(
Makes me fear a LOT for this baby...
although i'm not sure if having a reason would make u feel any better..:( although i guess it would give them something to test for in the future...
I am 38 in september by the way!! :friends:

Still no reason for us yet - consultant's appointment is on March 15th (almost 5 months after we lost our baby!!).
But I do have a feeling that we are not going to get any definitive answers.

Hope I dont need wait 5 months. They told be that would be around 6 weeks.

I had an incompetent cervix. Lost my baby at 20 weeks. I now have to have a cerclage placed at 14 weeks during every subsequent pregnancy.

i ve been given nothing yet. nurse said when we were picking up the body after post mortem that the path. had said the baby looked perfect, so i dunno? i think it was a sch as i had clots passed, bleeding and a huge clot seen at 9 weeks under baby:( we will see what they say. i felt him kick night before , he came without hour of cramps, he came out so quick:( il never forget him nor stop loving him.

Hope I dont need wait 5 months. They told be that would be around 6 weeks.

They told us 6-8 weeks, but it took over 12 weeks just for the PM results to come through.
It does seem to vary widely from hospital to hospital so I really hope you get your answers on time.

I'm so sorry for your losses x

I knew from week 10 that I prob had a clotting disorder. It was gut instinct. I have been seen since 2007 for Systemic Lupus, so Anti Phospholipid Syndrome is likley. My tests were negative at week 5 but my health went bad at week 10.
I bled almost constantly. It was heavier than a period by week 16 it was intermitanly pumping out. I passed large clots. One broke my waters. I had pPROM at 18 weeks. My little girl didnt grow beyond 20 weeks. I went into labour at 21+5 and despite all odds she lived for an hour and a half.
It turns out I have APS, as I was telling them. Very sad.
I am now on Asprin and clexane, currently 12 weeks and all seems ok.
I had to wait 12 weeks for PM. they told me 6-8 but it was 12.
I am sorry for your loss. Whatever happened, it was NOT your fault, and with so many marvelous things in todays world there are lots of things that can be done. Please try to live one day at a time, be kind to yourself i know its hard.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sonnie had numerous problems which they linked to a chromosonal defect, they couldnt quite decifer what strain of defect as her tissues had started to breakdown by the time they came to it.
it definately has helped knowing that it wasnt me, that i didnt hurt my baby in any way.
hope you get your results sooner rather than later, it took 9 weeks for mine to come through and those 9 weeks were hell, but once i got the results i could stop blaming myself.
:hugs: xx

Lost my baby boy at 16 wks in 08 they dont know why still he just died.. The not knowing is the worse

Edwards syndrome.
x

They think mine was the same Trisomy 18, that is what my blood came low for. I need to wait another 3 weeks for the results to confirm this. If it was this then I wont blame myself as much, it can happen to anyone.
My condolences, this has been devastating :hugs:

so sorry for your loss, i lost my little girl in july 2010 i was 16wks but she had died at 13wk due to turners syndrome

i dont know why i lost my twins but my mil says it wasn't my time but she talks about them all the time and asks when im going to try again

i dont know why i lost my twins but my mil says it wasn't my time but she talks about them all the time and asks when im going to try again

I am so sorry for your loss, I don't think there is any reason or any time. Take your time in healing and know that we understand and you can talk about it with me or anyone if you need to. i have been quiet for over 2 weeks and now I finally feel like reading and posting. Again i am so so sorry xoxoxo:hugs: I don't even have the heart to take my signature down ;

i don't know why my little girl died but i sometimes wonder if it is because i have sle and cfs and huges syndrome. so i hope you get an answer and may we walk the roads to gether

I never found out why :( We chose not to have Isabella tested though only me and the placenta

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->