Do you like this girls combo?

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
Honest opinions on my favorite name at the moment....

Kiara Isabella Rose

Pronounced key-are-uh. Thanks! :flower:

Kiara Isabella doesn't quite fit together for me, not sure why. Also, although Kiara is a pretty name it's a bit of a 'chav craze' in my area atm so that would put me off (I know 5 under 6 months). I love Isabella and Rose though obviously! :)

Kiara Isabella doesn't quite fit together for me, not sure why. Also, although Kiara is a pretty name it's a bit of a 'chav craze' in my area atm so that would put me off (I know 5 under 6 months). I love Isabella and Rose though obviously! :)

Wow -- you know 5 babies named Kiara?! That's crazy. I wonder why the sudden surge in popularity?! Has a celebrity recently used the name that you know of?

I see you're in South Wales. I'm in the US -- it's #353 on the gov list. Which means it's quite uncommon in the US. I've actually only known of 3 people named Kiara in my entire life.... and only distantly. One was a little girl I met once, who would now be about 8 years old. One is a FB acquaintance's daughter who is in college. And one was on a reality show about 5 years ago... but her name was spelled Chiara.

North Wales ;)

I have no idea why the sudden popularity, in such a short space of time too. I work in a primary school and part time in a nursery so I come into contact with a lot of kids.

I think one is spelled Ciara.

I don't think Kiara Isabella flows ... I think it's going from the 'a' ending to the 'i' , Id personally swap rose and Isabella around. Pretty names though

Pippi- Ciara is normally pronounced like Sierra so similar but not the same

I know one Kiara and she is around 12 years old. I like it, but its not my style so I wouldn't use it.

Pippi- Ciara is normally pronounced like Sierra so similar but not the same

I think it must be different in the UK as here Kiara / Ciara / Chiara are all pronounced the same.

Kiara seems quite different in style to Isabella and Rose to me; like someone else commented, in my part of the UK Kiara is popular and seen as "chavvy", whereas Isabella and Rose are more middle class/traditional I guess. I think Isabella Rose sounds lovely, and Kiara Rose flows well, but maybe with another middle name?

In the US --

Kiara & Chiara are pronounced "key-are-uh"

Cierra, Sierra, & Ciara are pronounced "see-air-uh"

Generally speaking anyhow.

I've seen on BnB that in some countries Kiara is even pronounced "key-argh-uh."

I love the name but hate that there are so many different ways to pronounce it.

Oh that is weird! I know three Ciara's and two Sierra's and all are pronounced see air uh.. Never occurred to me it would be pronounced any other way!

Ciara is a popular Irish language female name and was tenth on the list of most popular names given to baby girls in Ireland in 2006. It is the feminine version of the name Ciarán, meaning "dark-haired" in Irish Gaelic, and was also the name of Saint Ciara, a seventh-century Irish saint venerated by the Roman Catholic Church. The name's spelling is often Anglicized as Keira, Kiera, Keara or Kira.

In the United States, the name Ciara is also sometimes pronounced /siːˈɑːrə/. This pronunciation may have been further promoted in part by the popularity of a perfume brand called Ciara (pronounced see-AR-ə, "C-R-uh" after the initials of Charles Revson) created by Revlon in 1973. It is also occasionally used in the United States as a spelling variant of the name Sierra, as popularized by the American R&B singer Ciara Harris.

Interesting. It's only different in the US it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->