Do you like your hair?

MiniKiwi

Reaction score
When I was a teenager it was jet black and I thought it was cool but looking back it didn't suit me at all, apart from then I have never been satisfied with my hair, let alone liked/loved it.

It's a medium brown, quite long, goes lighter in the sun (which I love but the sun never shines here :dohh:). I spent a ridiculous amount of money at the hairdresser today with a really experienced and talented colourist and she did a great job but I just don't feel like it suits me...meh!

Curious if lots of women feel this way? Or do you love your hair?

Can we see a photo? Sometimes a new hair doo can take a while to get used too :thumbup:

I do mine myself, it took a year to get from black to bright pink with as minimal damage as possible. Could do without the damage and I wish it was a bit longer but apart from that, I've always wanted to get to this stage!

I yearn to have black hair a lot, but I often have to look at old pics of me to remind myself how harsh it can look.

It's always a case of wanting what you don't have!

I love my hair 95% of the time- lol. It's naturally curly- so it can have a mind of it's own, but I've never wanted straight hair- I just don't think I'd look right? My only complaint is that it's not thick so even after I style it doesn't stay how I want- haha. So most days it end up pulled up. But last night I finally trimmed/layered it (myself btw) and I like it much better and it's been down all day- so far. haha.

The color isn't fab- it's basic medium brown- with reddish undertones, so I have to be careful when putting any blonde highlights (or they turn strawberry)- but yeah, I don't really mind that either. I dyed it strawberry blonde for years- although I can't imagine that on me now- and everyone thought the curls were fake and the color was natural! :haha: Go figure!

I do agree the right cut is a HUGE factor- I've had bad cuts and HATED how it looked. The right cut/style can make my day! haha

I'm not fussed with my hair. It's brown, long ish and boring. Always tied up, hasn't been cut since January. Started a new job though so going to get a cut and highlights soon to treat myself soon :)

Can't get a good picture in this shitty light. It's still brown at the top, fading into quite light blonde..not sure about it yet. I just want to feel like I love my hair but nothing I do makes me feel that way.

Atomic, I totally agree, black on pale skin is very harsh. I'd be happy if it was just the condition of my hair that I didn't love!

Seoj - very jealous of curly hair!

Natasha - are you going to get a whole head of highlights? That's what I did, I was so suprised how light it went! :shock: Hope you enjoy your hair treat

Attachments

• WIN_20140630_212927.jpg
    WIN_20140630_212927.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 54
Hate it at the moment. Getting it cut this week, but I'm half way through growing out my fringe so I only ever really get it trimmed. Usually a bit more than usual so the fringe can catch up. My hair is pretty boring. :( x

I had waist length hair all through my teenage years, then almost two years ago, i SHAVED it all off. I think i spent more crying about it than i actually spent WITH long hair. I actually have a ticker in my signature on here counting the days since i cut it! I was so utterly devastated when i had no hair. It was a buzzcut, it was awful. You know the way you excitedly count down the days, weeks, months of your pregnancy? I did that with my hair (still count the months!) - I am just growing it and growing it and growing it. It went past my shoulders and i cut it all the same length, it was looking scraggly all over the place. I kinda like it now, but i won't stop until its touching my butt! I'll be one of those old ladies with wispy long white hair, i'm never messing with it again!

Throughout my teenage years I did all sorts with my hair, dyed it red, brown, dark brown, had black on the underneath (which looking bad was horrendous :lol:) but I was never satisfied with it, then when I got bored with dying it after having it long for years and years I got it cut it into an angled bob and again, hated it so after all that I've been growing it out for the past five or six years, stop dying it and let my natural blonde grow back through and I'm finally happy with it.

Honestly I think 99% of people look better with their natural colour. I love certain styles like ash grey and platinum blonde but if you're dying your hair a natural colour I don't think it's likely to suit you more than your natural. I have gone back to dark blonde after a decade of dye and everyone says it looks twenty times better.

I had waist length hair all through my teenage years, then almost two years ago, i SHAVED it all off. I think i spent more crying about it than i actually spent WITH long hair. I actually have a ticker in my signature on here counting the days since i cut it! I was so utterly devastated when i had no hair. It was a buzzcut, it was awful. You know the way you excitedly count down the days, weeks, months of your pregnancy? I did that with my hair (still count the months!) - I am just growing it and growing it and growing it. It went past my shoulders and i cut it all the same length, it was looking scraggly all over the place. I kinda like it now, but i won't stop until its touching my butt! I'll be one of those old ladies with wispy long white hair, i'm never messing with it again!

Why did you shave it? I'd be upset too! Hope it grows quickly for you!

Honestly I think 99% of people look better with their natural colour. I love certain styles like ash grey and platinum blonde but if you're dying your hair a natural colour I don't think it's likely to suit you more than your natural. I have gone back to dark blonde after a decade of dye and everyone says it looks twenty times better.

I agree with this (though I'd say 90%)! Ack! My hair is and has been dyed for a long time though, I was trying to grow it out but it's just tooo slooooow! I can't dye my hair back to it's natural colour, that's impossible and because of bleach, dyes fade out leaving nasty yellow/red/orange tones and then I can't stand it. Growing it back to this length would take years.

Because i was so unhappy at the time. It was when my LO was a year old and i felt like after pregnancy, after birth, a year had gone by and i had lost myself. Like i wasn't a person anymore. I'd look in the mirror and it wasn't 'me'. (Sorry didn't mean to take a turn for the depressing in your thread! :blush:) It was an impulse decision - 'maybe something totally different done to my hair which has always been the same will make me feel better!' - I just did it, just went for it. It was one the worst decisions i ever made :dohh:

I liked black cause I could buy extensions without worrying about the shade :rofl: now? Nightmare.

Because i was so unhappy at the time. It was when my LO was a year old and i felt like after pregnancy, after birth, a year had gone by and i had lost myself. Like i wasn't a person anymore. I'd look in the mirror and it wasn't 'me'. (Sorry didn't mean to take a turn for the depressing in your thread! :blush:) It was an impulse decision - 'maybe something totally different done to my hair which has always been the same will make me feel better!' - I just did it, just went for it. It was one the worst decisions i ever made :dohh:

Awh! Don't apologise but don't dwell too hard, it's growing back, you won't do the same thing again. I hope you're feeling better now than you did then :hugs:

I agree with this (though I'd say 90%)! Ack! My hair is and has been dyed for a long time though, I was trying to grow it out but it's just tooo slooooow! I can't dye my hair back to it's natural colour, that's impossible and because of bleach, dyes fade out leaving nasty yellow/red/orange tones and then I can't stand it. Growing it back to this length would take years.

What's your natural colour? It took me ages and lots of dye to get a colour similar enough to grow my hair out but it's finally nearly grown out after 2 years- the previously bleached ends are lighter but it looks natural- and the condition and colour is much better so well worth it.

I think your hair looks nice in your photo!

I'm pretty happy with my hair. I've never dyed it or done anything much to it at all, so to me it is boring, but people seem to love the color. Hairdressers seem to think it's dyed. It's dirty blond I guess and gets lighter in the sun. I do sometimes wish it was thinner and less frizzy. We have tons of humidity and heat here (and lots of sun). It's too thick to put clips in sometimes and it won't curl at all. It takes like an entire can of spray to get curls to stay and they still fall down. And yet it gets annoying crinkles if I have it up in a pony tail or sleep on it wrong.

DH has brown hair that turns to a yellowy blond in the sun. People think his is dyed too, so LO's hair is blond at the moment also and I love his. It started brown and then some people thought it was getting red, but it's more clearly blond now.

Your hair looks lovely, hun! You're so pretty!

I hate my hair :lol:

xxx

Can't get a good picture in this shitty light. It's still brown at the top, fading into quite light blonde..not sure about it yet. I just want to feel like I love my hair but nothing I do makes me feel that way.

Atomic, I totally agree, black on pale skin is very harsh. I'd be happy if it was just the condition of my hair that I didn't love!

Seoj - very jealous of curly hair!

Natasha - are you going to get a whole head of highlights? That's what I did, I was so suprised how light it went! :shock: Hope you enjoy your hair treat

Sorry I have just seen this. I eat my words, your hair is lovely!

Looks lovely.

Hugs Gem xx

My hair is just me really lol. Its completely natural colour now. Not dyed in years. Sometimes it annoys me but wouldn't change it really.

My hair is down to my bum, going past bum length now though shorter at the front (sure fromt doesnt grow lol) but I do cut front time to time. Probably could be neater, its not been cut in 3yrs lol bit I dont dye or use heat/hair products so its ok :) people always comment on my hair.

I am NEVER happy with my hair. about once every couple of years I decide I've had enough of it and I get a really drastic change, eg blond to brown or long to short. Then I'll like it for a couple of months before getting sick of it and spending the next year or so growing it or gradually lightening it again.

At the moment its long and dark blond but I'm bored of it already. No idea what to try next.

And don't even get me started on my fringe. I'm never happy with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->