Do you like your hair?

I LOVE my hair now.

Up until last year I had 'mousey' brown hair. It looked almost grey in some lights. It was always mid length, down to about my bra strap. It was always quite boring. And one day last year got fed up, had a 'mummy crisis' and died it really quite a dark reddy brown. Just did it myself.

And then discovered I really suited darker hair. It's taken me a wee bit to get it to the exact shade I wanted and it's still similar length but I feel it suits myself and my personality much more.

It's really thick and used to be quite oily and wiry, but the dye seams to have sorted it. So now it's thick and wavy and I can quite easily leave it naturally.

It's rarely damaged and a good treatment always sorts it. I dye it and my best pal cuts it for me. The few times I've had it done professionally I've never liked it. Even when I've told them exactly what I've wanted. I've spent 60quid on it and then gone home and washed and styled it myself.

Do I like my hair? Hmmm...sorta. My hair is very curly and it can get frizzy at times. I wish it was longer, but generally yeah I'd say I like my hair.

Not currently and never not straightened. I've had long hair for a few years now and right at the end of my pregnancy I was so hot I chopped it all off and dyed it back to my normal hair color and hate it. I'm working on growing it back out but DH doesn't like highlights but I think my hair looks so boring.

https://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/image_zps970b345a.jpghttps://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/image_zpsefe196f8.jpg

I just had mine cut yesterday and I like it now. Before it was just long, straight, no fringe etc. now I got a side swept fringe and it looks so much better. I always dye it, right now it's a brown-red. I used to have it bright red but I got fed up of dying it all the time so went for a more lower maintenance red.

I am naturally blonde but highlight my hair so I have very light hair now. Ive had every colour really - very dark brown with bleached slices, a reddy colour, bleached blonde all over, copper highlights, blonde ontop and black underneath :/.
My hairs longish but really fine :( wish I had thick hair so much!

My hairs so thick its been a nightmare this summer esp at night :( having to wash it every mor n lol

I have blonde hair and get it highlighted so it's quite light and I like that. But I hate how fine my hair is. And if I try and curl my hair the curls will drop out within a half hour.

It looks so thick and good condition! The colour really suits you.

I've attached a pic of my hair since it's easier than describing. It's waaaaay too long for me and drags my whole face down! Never realised what a luxury hairdressers would be when I didn't have a child haha. I had highlights in about Feb time so I do have foots but you can't really see it on this pic, it's not so radically different in colour from my natural. It's in really bad condition because I scrape it back for work most days.

Attachments

• wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 34
I'm happy with my hair. It's been so many colours over the years (black, red, purple, ginger!) but it's pretty much my natural colour now, although it's sort of ombré where I haven't dyed it for a while. It's in good condition although could do with a trim.

How it used to look -
2137_62289990361_8355_n.jpg

How it is now -

10480996_10152587822040362_4286328093923801682_n.jpg

It's okay, I don't hate it. I had it cut recently and she butchered my fringe so I'm waiting for it to grow out, but other than that it's alright, I take good care of it most of the time so it's in good condition, really shiny etc.
It's not how I want it though. I don't really suit my natural hair colour as I have very fair skin, fair eyebrows and dark brown/almost black hair. I looked really weird as a kid. I colour my eyebrows to match now but I personally think I look better blonde (I just can't afford it anymore!)
I'd love love love dreadlocks but work just wouldn't allow it. Also Lucas vetoed the idea because he wouldn't be able to play with it :haha:

I currently hate my hair. I love my colour. Its a brown base but with blond and ginger highlights. It's all natural and changes colour depending on the light. My youngest seems to have inherited this as well and everyone comments on it.

My real issue is my hair condition. It's a mess, it's failing out by the handful and getting everywhere, full of slit ends. It's the longest it's been in a very long time, half way down my back. I've been debating getting it all cut off as it's always just in a hair clamp and DS2 pulls it all the time, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough.

Normally I am pretty satisfied with my hair, but ever since having DS2 my hair has just been awful. I would have thought for sure it'd be back to its normal thickness and healthiness by now, but nope. I lost a TON when he was a baby, just came out in handfuls, and its still very thin on the sides, which makes it look wispy and lots of fly-away pieces. Its thicker in the back, so kind of looks like the amounts of hair on the sides doesn't match the back...I've been taking biotin supplements for a while, and I can tell its very slowly helping, I just wish it would help a LOT quicker, lol!I like the color of my hair (except the new grays that keep popping up, lol), and the cut (angled bob), just HATE the awful uneven thinning.

Not currently and never not straightened. I've had long hair for a few years now and right at the end of my pregnancy I was so hot I chopped it all off and dyed it back to my normal hair color and hate it. I'm working on growing it back out but DH doesn't like highlights but I think my hair looks so boring.

https://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/image_zps970b345a.jpghttps://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k410/shannonmtravis/image_zpsefe196f8.jpg

I think you really suit the highlights, I love the shorter cut on you though.

It looks so thick and good condition! The colour really suits you.

I've attached a pic of my hair since it's easier than describing. It's waaaaay too long for me and drags my whole face down! Never realised what a luxury hairdressers would be when I didn't have a child haha. I had highlights in about Feb time so I do have foots but you can't really see it on this pic, it's not so radically different in colour from my natural. It's in really bad condition because I scrape it back for work most days.

You don't look at all like I imagined you to! (weird that I've imagined what you look like :blush:) I don't think your hair drags your face down, but how about some layers if you think that? Straight all over can look a bit dull but I like mine like that. It's a pretty colour, highlights and some layers would look lovely on you :)

I'm happy with my hair. It's been so many colours over the years (black, red, purple, ginger!) but it's pretty much my natural colour now, although it's sort of ombré where I haven't dyed it for a while. It's in good condition although could do with a trim.

How it used to look -
2137_62289990361_8355_n.jpg

How it is now -

10480996_10152587822040362_4286328093923801682_n.jpg

Love your hair as it is, suits you lighter. I wish mine would grow out to look like that but it always grows out looking frigging orange!

I currently hate my hair. I love my colour. Its a brown base but with blond and ginger highlights. It's all natural and changes colour depending on the light. My youngest seems to have inherited this as well and everyone comments on it.

My real issue is my hair condition. It's a mess, it's failing out by the handful and getting everywhere, full of slit ends. It's the longest it's been in a very long time, half way down my back. I've been debating getting it all cut off as it's always just in a hair clamp and DS2 pulls it all the time, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough.

Why don't you try cutting a little at first, rather than chopping it all off at once? Just below the shoulders or something?

Yeah I think I will get some layers at the front...but I don't like it too short either...basically I'm hard to satisfy.

Hahahaha, you didn't look like what I imagined either. I don't know what I imagined though, very blonde and fair maybe?! Lol.

I can't be that happy with my hair, it's blue and pink today and I've just bought a halo :rofl:

My hair is OK if I style it but I never do anything with it so it just looks rubbish 95% of the time :dohh:. I'm not mad on the colour of my hair (it's red I think or maybe classed as brown. Can you tell I'm totally clueless about hair? :haha:) but I've never dyed it, I get too scared and confused reading the back of dye packets and worry I'd end up burning all my hair out or something. I got a fringe cut on Saturday and felt totally wild :haha:

I hate it! It was black few months back & it looked so nice & neat. After my miscarriage I needed a change so I went for light brown with highlights & I hated it, after a month (3 weeks back) I went to the hair dresser & she coloured it light brown, I still hate it! The colour faded & now it looks a bit copper where the highlights are :(

My natural hair colour is black, but I was told black can cause hair fall, since I stopped colouring it black it's not falling anymore.

My skin is pale & I have some freckles, I have hazel eyes, black looked so nice with my complexion

I don't love my hair. I have medium blond hair which is more towards golden than ash. Its not dyed as not done since I was TTC my daughter. I don't mind colour but I hate my hair has no volume. Its really fine. My hair is really silky soft which means it just won't hold a style. Its strait and has tendency to just look flat. My hair is down to bra strap, I had shorter at one point but I prefer longer. My hair goes lighter in summer. Lo has same colour hair as me but she has beautiful ringlets

Just have to say, I especially hate my hair today...LOL. Its really humid out today as there's a hurricane on the East coast looking to bring in storm weather, so my thin, wispy hair is a frizzy mess today. I didn't have time to straighten it this morning, so its just sticking out all over the place. I want a hair do-over! I want my pre-kids hair back! I really miss my thick hair that people used to comment on how great it looked. Now it just looks like crap...Rant over.

I like my hair. My natural color is blonde, but I dye it a natural black. I should have been born with dark hair, cause it really does suit my face better than the blonde. A few years ago I stopped dying it for a long enough time to let my natural hair grow out, and I regularly get it cut to shoulder length or shorter so it happened quickly. Most people thought I dyed my hair and refused to believe it was natural. I had to prove it with pictures from childhood.

The only thing I don't like about it is how thin it is. Curls just don't happen. At least not without a huge amount of styling spray. And even then it's only for about an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->