Do you listen to the age restrictions?

S

Serene123

Caitlyn has too many toys, so I was hoping most of her first birthday presents would be arts and crafts or books. However, most of them are 18m+! Not sure what to do? Wait untill Christmas to get her that stuff, she will be 18months then?

Get her them before - some babies are more advanced than others, so you never know she may enjoy them before 18 months.

it depends on what im buying somethings i will follow the age restriction if there is little bits but other things i use my own judgment.

when i worked in the nursery we did painting with the babies x

you know her best hun so i wouldnt worry to much about age registrictions...as long as u ur not getting her monopoly anytime soon lol xx

I dont worry about ages, Dec got a ton of colours, paints, crayons and books for his 1st birthday and christmas, he loves them.

I never pay attention to anything :rofl: if i think he will enjoy it i buy it :) He has heaps of toys that are 6-8+ (that dont have lil bits) and he loves playing with them the 3+ stuff are pretty boring :) XxX

I think as long as you supervise her (who wouldn't supervise a 1 yo with paints lol) then she'll be ok, all childrens paints are non toxic, she'll be fine - I think a lot of the time manufacturers put a higher age warning to cover their own backs. Hope you both have lots of messy fun and don't foget to post pics of Caitlyns first artwork!!!

I don't think there is a problem, Lola has toys that are 6+ and some even above. I keep a close eye on her if it's something she can swallow.
I'm sure Caitlyn will enjoy the crafts, she is wuite advanced.

It depends on what kind of crafts etc you are looking at... You will want to avoid anything with small parts or things that she could potentially eat when she isn't supposed to. Just use common sense, if its something that she cant get hurt on or eat then its fine.

we got rhys arts and crafts for his 1st birthday!

also just wanted to add that Ffion does painting at nursery.... and shes fine

Yeah, Caitlyn knows the word "No!" already so we should be alright.. Untill the terrible 2's anyway!!

I think a lot of time the manufacturers stick that on there just to cover their asses for irresponsible parents who leave their children with dangerous toys and then try to sue them when anything happens.

I guess some 18+ are ok as long as they dont have small bits in them and the baby can play with them :) max has a few that are 12+ and he loves them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->