Do you mind lo's grandparents giving them medicine....

No i would like to be asked first. I'd be annoyed if it was just given cos she was niggly!

My mom, Id be super annoyed. She has done SOOOOO many things without my knowledge and things I would have very much preferred she didn't do. However MIL, I don't mind. She is very good about only doing if necessary, always makes sure she knows if I've given him anything already, and doesn't do anything without passing it by OH or I first.

I wouldn't mind, but then my parents wouldn't give it to her if she were "niggly" only if she really seemed to need it.
She's old enough now to say when shes feeling pretty bad that she would need paracetamol anyway so isn't something I'm generally worried about.

I'd be furious! I don't give Emma medicine. She's only had medicine twice in her life and it was in the hospital so I didn't have much control over it. I think the parents should always be asked before giving a child medicine. It's just common courtesy. :flower:

I don't mind when my mum does it, for one I am alive and well and she is kinda "with me" on using medications sparingly. Secondly she is an RN so I trust her judgment. She always tells me if she does it, how much, how often, etc.. even if it's after the fact, and I'm okay with that as long as I know about it after so if she had a fever or anything I wouldn't give her too much tylenol etc.

I don't really like my MIL doing it but she does have a bottle of infant tylenol for emergencies :blush: TBH I think she overreacts with things at times, she always tells me, but I do wish she would consult me first, rather than just doing it and then texting me "Gave Elyse some tylenol"

No way did you over-react, Logan has never had any calpol (only medicine hes ever had was for a skin rash thing he had when a few months old). tbh when I told a woman at work that he hadnt she seemed surprised, but he has never needed it so what does she know about my childs health :growlmad: I would ask her to call you before giving it to your child, if you are worried she will be offended just say its in case you had given your LO some calpol before you left and were worried about double-dosing.
:flower:

hmmm tricky one, my MIL was a nurse and really will not give medicine unless absoulty needed so i can totally trust her with that resepct. My mum on the other hand if i mention oh he wont settle etc she says give him a spoonful of calpol! im like eh no he's not unwell.

my mam usually rings incase i've given her any beforehand.. i don't think i'd be mad if she didn't ask though, my mams not stupid :shrug: x

even if my mum had done it i wouldve liked to have been asked personally, i maybe woudnt have been as angry naturally but it would be nice to be asked as IM the mum xx

hmm tough one, I think I'd want to be asked first as how would they know if she'd had anything prior? I also want to know if she's feeling unwell.

in your case where she seems to be giving way more often than necessary I'd definitely be annoyed and would probably feel the need to say something

You are not over reacting !! There is a rule in our home that only one preson can give out medication. There can be cross lines when giving medicine so as not to overdose. Even with my older girls I have always been the one to dole out everything from a Advile to cough syrup.

Anyone who watches Tegan has to give her her medication anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->