Do you offer both breasts when doing a night feed?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Do you offer both breasts when doing a night feed? I tend not to however one boob feels tooooooo full when I don't...maybe I should? x

Yes I do, he doesn't tend to feed for long but it helps stop one from getting too full and I find if he's gotten a bit sleepy swapping breasts wakes him up a bit to feed a bit more but without waking him fully..

No I don't currently because DD falls asleep after one side, however I have been thinking I should so that she might sleep a bit longer between feeds.

I don't, just because last time I did he pulled off the second breast and immediately puked up the entire feed all over me :dohh:

If he falls asleep, no, if he pulls off or wakes up then yes

One night when he was around a month old I thought "I'm going to hit him up with the Double Boob Effect" (what me and OH call it :haha:). It was then that I got my first six and a half hour stretch. We bedshare and sometimes I get lazy and just offer one at the first feed when he wakes up (usually around 4:30am or 5am) because he seems to nod off but if I stick to it and give the other side too....I get more sleep.

If he falls asleep, no, I just put him back to bed. If he pulls off, yes I'll offer the other boob. Whether I offer one, or both, it doesn't affect his sleep at all.

I don't usually but maybe I should because he doesn't go longer than 2 hours lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->