Do you plan your dinners weekly?

Yep I do..
Although I find it easier to do when Hubby
is on late shift as when he is on earlies he
will say ohh I don't fancy that.. the evening
we are meant to have it :growlmad:

xx

I do. I have a standard fortnights meal plan which I stick to, although I tweak it if I fancy something else or something new. Just means I don't end up cooking the same things every week. Also with a veggie OH and DS it means that I can check they are getting everything they need. I have quite high food bills but the meals I make require a lot of fresh veg and I buy plenty of fresh fruit for LO.

I've been lax with this lately - not doing a plan or forgetting to take meat from the freezer. I'm paying for it too as I've had to go and buy extra things or my OH will cook and he makes way too much.

I've been lax with this lately - not doing a plan or forgetting to take meat from the freezer. I'm paying for it too as I've had to go and buy extra things or my OH will cook and he makes way too much.

Meh, I usually cook too much too, but then I don't have to cook the next night, lol! I'm all for leftovers if it means I get out of cooking a few nights a week:thumbup:

Meh, I usually cook too much too, but then I don't have to cook the next night, lol! I'm all for leftovers if it means I get out of cooking a few nights a week:thumbup:

I like to freeze things - OH chucks it or gives it to the dogs :(

What??? That's such a waste of a perfectly good meal for another night!

I plan a weeks worth but we swap them around if we dont want something one night!

xxxx

What??? That's such a waste of a perfectly good meal for another night!

Tell me about it :( I usually cook but it's been a busy few weeks full of appointments so he's done some cooking - never again!!

We do and it saves us a fortune! We also have a habit of going through the freezer / cupboards to see what we already have the bulk for and then we don't have to buy much :)

We are flexible in that we might swap some days around but we always ensure the fresh stuff is used :)

Yes we do, it makes life a lot easier! we also have some cookbooks we love that meals are 30 min or less and we usually sit down and plan our meals from them and take turn cooking during the week.
this week we are having
Sunday: (yesterday) Roast at oh aunt's house
Monday: (takeaway as its a bank hol)
Tuesday: Salmon and new potatoes with green beans and a dill sauce
Wednesday: spicy fish curry
Thursday: chicken and avocado spicy soup
Friday: carbanara linguine with chicken
Saturday: Spicy chickpea curry

we love spicy food so almost every night its something hot!

Yeh if i meal plan i buy less rather than just buying whatever i feel like. This week i have planned;

Crockpot bean chili and pitta
Fajitas
Pasta bolognese made with turkey mince
Chicken curry with rice
Chicken with veggy rice and baby corn
Pizza night
Pasta and pesto

I do 2 weeks at a time, because we drive an hour one way to do our shopping and gas prices don't allow for weekly trips. But I only cook maybe 4 days out of the week (2 days a week I work late and there's usually a 3rd where the in-laws buy take and bake pizzas from CostCo.)

I tend to plan for 3-4 days in advance. We buy a week's shopping on the Thursday and then I plan meals until around the Monday and then just decide the day before on the remaining days to use stuff up.

Yes and no. I have a rough idea of what meals I'm going to make which allows us to buy what we need for each but I don't have set ideas for each day. I keep out a few things for a couple of days and freeze everything else. Any leftovers also get frozen and portioned off for the wee man too.

yes we do although occasionaly we change our minds & get something different. x

what is everyone having this week?
we are having
Sunday:french style chicken stew
Monday:spicy tuna,tomato and olive pasta
Tuesday:Rose Harissa and chicken meatball tagine
Wednesday:?? something easy, prob ready meal as both have things on
Thursday:seabass with herb and olive couscous
Friday: Thai red duck curry

We do but it's driving us a bit crazy at the moment as every week we end up not wanting one or two of the dinners we've planned in then we end up going and buying something else/having a take away! Also I just plan the dinners while I'm doing the food shop, think I need to sit and think about them a bit better!

Nope. I barely plan for the day nevermind the week. I tend to decide what we are having just before cooking.

I don't I never know when OH is home in advance so I get the usual stuff(bread milk, onions etc) and get whatever I need for dinner on the same day.

(Also there isnt a whole lot of variety because I am not into super vegan food(nor is my oh) but I still have to cook milk and egg free, so I often revolve around the same meals. lol.

This week-

fajitas
slow cooker chicken and rice
slow cooked pork
minestrone soup
chili bean wraps
pizza night
jacket potatos

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts