Do you save for your little one/s?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
We have Harvey's child trust fund and he has his own savings account with my bank..we both put £5 per week into his savings account and the odd from my wages and all the coppers we collect..xx

yep his £80 child benefit along with about £100 from us goes into savings. when he gets to 16 hel hopefully have around £34,000.

My mum and dad put £20 a month into my sons trust fund and will with this one too! Im so greatfull as i just never have the money to save.

We put £10 a month away at the minute. If we can afford more in the future we will do.

TBH the child benefit shouldn't be going towards his savings.

we put £10 a week into his account (unless we cant afford it!) i only started 5 weeks ago so he has £50 so far! lol but every little helps.

god i wish we could put child benefit into it but we need to live off that lol x

my ex set up the child trust fund thing and i don't know about how to gain access to it ? ...

we don't have spare money to put into a seperate trust fund atm :( when we do tho we will try and make up the difference that we have missed .. if that makes sense :) x

Don't have LO's yet but I'd like to save some money for them inthe future, i think we will open a savings account for each child we have (no idea how many we want, at least two I know that much and just put a little bit in every month/week. I doubt we will have loads of spare cash to save but as someone else said every little helps. Even putting in £1 a week would build up over the years.

I would have loved my parents to save some money for me, this probably sounds selfish but it would have helped sooo much with things and maybe we would have put it towards a deposit for a house if enough was saved. That sounds bad, but the reason I want to save money for my kids is because I know how helpful it can be when you become an adult and want to stand on your own two feet And get your life sorted iykwim.

We put £20 into her savings account each month.

He has his £20 CB put aside each week and a further £20 a month from us plus his nan puts about £30 a month and his gran does about £5 a week.
Hes not allowed it or to even know about it untill hes 18 (maybe 16 if he goes to uni) so by the time hes 18 he should have about £34k more then enough to pay for his education or towards a deposit on a flat

We don't save for LO as we don't really have a lot of spare cash. I feel really guilty now and can't believe some of your LO's will have over £30,000 when they hit 16! That is just so much money to me! I would love to be in the position to do this and just wanted to say how lucky your children are!

We put £25 per month into her CTF. My parents also put in £20, My FIL £10 and MIL puts in lumpsums a couple of times a year.

we put £10 of his CB in a week - this reminds me i need to get book updated

currently we collect any £2 coins & put them in one of those money box things you smash to open.
She has a savings account with £100 in so far & we try & put £20 a month in it but its not always possible. Xx

I dont have a specific amount each week but when I do have a little bit of money left I do try to put money in. They have their CTF's and all their birthday and Christmas money goes into it each year so they do have a nice amount.

My sisters mate saves all her CB and puts it into an account. Her daughter has around £10,000 in her account..

I really want to set up a saving account for her. but right now I just never seem to have any money spare... as the twat of a FOB still isn't paying maintence. Hopefully I can soon.. I would like her to have a decent amount when she turns 18 to start driving etc.

we save for them, but not in CTF. I dont want them to just have immediate access to the money! We will let them as the money is for them but tbh, I know what its like when you 18! I would rather save it for deposits on house, cars etc and making them realise they do need to work for their money. Yes we may have loads saved but it does not mean they can have it willy nilly! xx

we save for them, but not in CTF. I dont want them to just have immediate access to the money! We will let them as the money is for them but tbh, I know what its like when you 18! I would rather save it for deposits on house, cars etc and making them realise they do need to work for their money. Yes we may have loads saved but it does not mean they can have it willy nilly! xx

This is what were doing. No way am i going to give them access to a massive amount of money at a given age, it will be given to them for deposit/car etc.

my dad didn't save for me but my grandparents did.
i had about £800 given to me when i was 18 which i was so grateful for. i bought a new laptop for uni with it & got some other bits and pieces i needed.

just curious - did the people who are saving a set amount a month, have a savings account set up for them which they were allowed access to when they were old enough?

We put £10 a month away at the minute. If we can afford more in the future we will do.

TBH the child benefit shouldn't be going towards his savings.

can i just ask why? :flower: (in the nicest way possible!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->