Do you save for your little one/s?

Yep! Elleah has her own bank account with $85 in it so far. We are putting $10 a fortnight in there for now.

Teach her to save and to use her own money when she wants to buy toys etc.

Not right now as all our spare cash is going into a complete refurb of our house... but once we have a proper complete home then we'll be saving as much as we can each month. We're lucky to have a lot of expendible income xx

We save for both boys,£100 a month split between the 2 of them goes into there savings account at the end of the month,We've been doing that for the past year or so and the cash will be opened up to them when there 18 to either pay for a deposit on a place,Get a car or whatever they want to do with it,Also there christening money they got and birthday and Xmas Money goes in there too as they always get plenty of toys and clothes so i usually just add it to there fund.

We only started a few months ago but he already has almost £200 in there which im chuffed about.

We put £20 a month in plus any excess change...For example, DH gets paid weekly so if theres £467.13 in there, ill transfer £7.13 or whatever and it does add up and its less noticeable...so every few days when im online banking, ill just transfer the excess change.

We only started a few months ago but he already has almost £200 in there which im chuffed about.

We put £20 a month in plus any excess change...For example, DH gets paid weekly so if theres £467.13 in there, ill transfer £7.13 or whatever and it does add up and its less noticeable...so every few days when im online banking, ill just transfer the excess change.

Great idea! I might do this. Its not as easy when theres 3 kids for it to be split between though :(

Flub - Why dont you save for all 3 in one account then split it 3 ways at say the end of each yr into there seperate accounts.

Just makes juggling things a bit easier.

We don't have any little ones yet, but when the time comes we will set up savings for them. We will probably contribute monthly, as well as putting any birthday/Christmas money in there as well

Buttonnose - THANKYOU im gonna look into that!!

Lellow - THANKYOU too!! I love that idea, and its handy for the ISA, as little amounts are better really. we save all our coins too :blush:

if anyones with lloyds ther offer save the chnage if you send 1.51 they would put 49 into a svaing account surprsing how quickly it adds up x

They each get £20 a month atm until we've finished off paying all our debt then we'll be able to put more in :) xx

Flub - Why dont you save for all 3 in one account then split it 3 ways at say the end of each yr into there seperate accounts.

Just makes juggling things a bit easier.

Another good idea! :thumbup:

I think I may look into the Lloyds thing too where they round any paymentsup to the next £1 and put the difference into an account.

i will be getting summer premium bonds for every xmas and birthdays etc, that way her money is completely protected and i have full control of when she receives it. i received a big lump sum when i was 18 and i spent it all in 2 years and had nothing to show for it

We have taken schemes and some insurance ones to as part of saving for our kids. It was my idea to invest in such investments which are although less risky, but worth investing. I wouldn’t mind that the interest is even 5%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->