do you save up for xmas or splurge and pay for it after?

I hate debt, won't spend what I don't have :flow: My credit cards get paid off in full each month.

I buy bits when I see them.

I would never get into debt over christmas. i buy bits as I see them if they are at a good price and don't go overboard. I'm lucky that I don't have too many people to buy for.

I don't actually do any saving. I start to buy things throughout the year and it gets stored away. The biggest purchase around xmas is the food/drinks shop and that comes out of wages anyway. I'm obsessed with Christmas so i'm always looking out for things :)

I save money every week and put it in a different bank account so I can't touch it! I may dip in a to November and Decembers wage. I refuse to go into debt. We are slowly working our way out of a huge amount of debt we racked up prior to having a child. Debt is not worth it!!!

'Cuse the tangent!

We don't save but think I'm going to save with park for next year. Something always comes up so will come in handy. Don't spend what we don't have though
For pp who was worried about the company that went busy. Park is government protected so you won't lose your money x

nice to see people are sensible. i hate debt too! never been in it luckily. Xx

I save a little bit throughout the year every month it goes on a holiday in may then after may its for xmas. I also start shopping 50 a month from june/july time im always nearly done except little bits and bobs by october.

Save or else buy at the time. Never have used credit and never will, its just not for me. I also start buying about july :)

I'm starting next week on pay day, will get a good chunk of the boys presents this pay day then next will be other people and the rest of the kids and December pay day will be for extras and the big shop x

We set aside a certain amount each month that covers birthdays and Christmas for the year. I usually buy presents as and when I see them and use the money set aside.
For the extra food I just put it on my credit card as normal as pay it off when the statement comes through.

If we didn't have the money then I would not go into debt just to buy presents/extra food. Whilst I want to give my children a nice time I don't agree with going into debt just for one day.

I've been saving £10/£15 a week all year and will have £600 for Christmas - that's to cover my pressies and I'm putting in a £50 kitty with sisters/bil for food and drink :) I've been picking up little stocking fillers for a while as well. I couldn't get into debt for Christmas, it would ruin it for me to be worrying about paying back debt!

^same, i wouldnt be able to enjoy it either. im such a worrier with money. xx

We don't save or get things on credit for Christmas- we just use what money we have in our bank account :) I do start buying for Christmas(presents etc) around August/September though, to spread the cost out over a few months. The Christmas/Christmas day food shop just comes out of our normal account too. x

We are both pretty good with money and we just put it to one side in a dormant bank account that we also use for holiday and car savings. I upgrade my car every year and at the same time we book our summer holiday and buy our Christmas presents. Wouldn't like to use a scheme incase we lost our money. If there is anything else we need I do put it on my credit card but as I said- good with money so I always pay it back.

I buy with whatever money i have left over from my pays and etc I save up i never " borrow" money for christmas

We don't save or use cards. We will just use money from our pay this month and next to buy things. We don't spend a lot to be fair.
The food will just be bought as we would normally.

We save throughout the year and buy bits in the sale when we see them-In aug I got my mum a half price pleasures set online and took the money out of the xmas savings. We save between £5-40 a month depending on what money we have-But we also do this with Car insurance, pet insurance etc, so no massive shocks! I do pay for things on Credit card but it all gets paid off at the end of each month, I only use it as its a tesco credit card and we get the point :)

xxx

I spread the cost with buying gifts throughout the year and I have a supermarket savings card that I add to when I can. There's only about £50 on at this point but it'll help towards the food and any last-minute bits.

Other than that I don't 'save' as such, I have a few hundred in an ISA that is basically there incase I or friends/family need to borrow money. I hate to see people borrowing and I definitely won't do it myself after getting in debt as a teenager so it comes in really handy, especially this time of year. It shrunk quite a bit recently when I hit a financial snag so I don't have a lot in right now (plus there's still a bit owed back to me after summer holidays), but I'm sure Bank of Kate will be getting used this Christmas :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->