Do you send Christmas cards?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Do you still send Christmas cards? They seem to be less popular than they used to be. I still send some, mainly to family.

When do you send yours? Anyone received their first one yet?? :xmas9:

Yup. I love getting cards. I basically like to open anything that isnt a bank statement or bill. Cards make me happy.

I do! I'll do mine as soon as December starts. I do them to all my family and extended family and my small handful of friends.
I would find it a bit of a snub if a specific relative didn't send me one since we all still do them!

Yes, I do. We do personalized ones from Shutterfly with a pic of dd that I send to family. I try to find a pretty and funny boxed one to send to friends. I love cards..love sending them and love getting them. Usually send them out around the 10th or so of Dec.

I do but we don't get many (mainly older relatives). I usually get the girls to make one for immediate family (my mum/dad/nan/sister)

I send them and we get loads from the children's friends at school

Holly gets lots from school too. We will have to start writing those out soon!

I still do them, it’s mainly family and old friends though. My old job used to have a charity tin rather than Christmas cards which I liked but that got phased out and everybody started doing cards again which actually I didn’t like as it was so impersonal, everybody just wrote for everybody and it was a pain writing that many cards

I try to, but remembering is another story lol
I think I remembered last year ... will try to this year too. I don't have friends in real life I actually see anymore so only family

I send them to all family members, and DD's school friends.

We give them to family and friends, we hand deliver any close by though instead of mailing them.

I sometimes cut the front covers and reuse them as gift tags for the next year :thumbup:

I send a few, not many though. DD will write some out for her school friends. We've not received any yet.

I do mostly to family and friends who live far away and we are not going to see.

I also reuse ones we receive by turning them into gift tags for the next year. I hardly ever buy tags.

I don't send any out these days. But I do make sure I get the kids a couple of packets each every year because they love giving their classmates a Christmas card. And it's a little look back when they get older about who they used to be in a class with. :)

Yes to family & friends

We still write xmas cards mainly to family and a few of the neighbours .

DD1 got her first one from school last week! She picked some cute ones out to give to her friends in school which we will probably do for next week .

I want to do a personalised cards for family with a pic of the girls this year . We haven't done one of them together yet .

I do get bored of writing Christmas cards lol

No, my family never did growing up either, or extended family.

DH's family does though. I don't.

We do, but only really to those who would be offended if they didn't get one. I think it is slowly dying out as lots of people either can't be bothered or are thinking about the environmental impact of so many cards, and not everyone recycles so even with that there's still a huge amount of waste. We try to reuse the ones we get to make tags for presents then recycle the rest of the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->