Do you still live at home?

nancyroo1808

Reaction score
I'm 19 and will be 20 by the time I have my baby. I still live at home and I have no clue if I want to stay here or move out. I work full time and go to collage part time and I know my parents would help out with the baby. The only issue I have is the OH dislikes my dad A LOT so I don't really see him moving in here, even though my parents wouldn't mind. I want to move out and start my life with my family but I also know that the extra help will be useful. So my question is do you young mommies still live at home or have moved out? And how has that effected your life? :flower:

I'll also be 20 when Gavin's born. I live with my boyfriend, but stay at my mom's house more now than I did when I actually lived here. The OH gets on my nerves a lot (pregnancy hormones let's hope) so I'm at my parents' a lot. I think it'd be great to have my mom's support and help, but I think I want to start my family in my own home. There are benefits to both, though. It's going to be harder to pay rent when LO comes, and I won't be working for a while...

I moved out when I was 17, after I got pregnant :thumbup: I lived with MIL & DH for 6 months, then we moved out when I turned 18 & have been on our own ever since. It's kinda weird for our situation because he's in the military & we move allll the time (3 times in the past year). It really sucks living on the other side of the country from where family is, & honestly wish we lived close. I can't stand watching Brenna grow up and her family not get that opportunity :( I'm sure you don't mean across the country moving, though :haha: It's really hard too as we have no extra help from family. If I have a doctor's appointment or somewhere to go, I have to take Brenna with me because we have no one. Good luck with your decision :thumbup:

Me and OH rent our own house. We did liv with his mum for the first six months of our daughters life and while the help was great initially I found it suffocating in the end, I just wanted my oown space. Thogh, I may have thought different if it was my parents I was staying at, as opposed to my OH's mums. x

I still live w/ my parents. Right now it's the best choice for myself especially while both OH and I are working and going to school. I would be so lonely if I had to live alone w/ OH because we rarely see each other as is because we are so busy. I pay my parents rent and pay for my own things so I don't live off them, it's nice to have their company. :D

I moved out when I was 15. I left to study to the other place. My parents supported me a lot and later on when I turned 18 I got good support from government as I was studying in two schools so I didn't have time to work (well, in my town there was no jobs). After school I got pregnant, spend summer partly in my own apartment, then few weeks with my parents and then moved to UK, same place where OH lives. Now we live together. He's working, Im not, cos can't get job at this point anymore.

Living alone can be hard, but I personally just couldnt live with my parents. You become so independent when you live on your own. OHs mum wanted us to live there in their place but I couldnt so we moved out after couple of weeks.

I still live at home with my mum. She doesn't even expect rent from me until Oakley arrives so I already feel like a burden. Let alone when a baby is screaming the house down at 1am, 3am and 5am :dohh: so I really want me and OH to get a place so that I don't feel this way. And so we can bring him up together as a proper little family... Although we'd have to get help if we tried to move out before I went back to work and I'm taking the whole 39 paid weeks off work so he'll be 9 months old by the time we actually move out. It sucks so much :dohh:

I still live at home, me and my OH live there. At the moment i think its rigght for us to stay there we have support right there and its easier on our pockets! I will hopefully be moved out when LO is walking and talking though!

I go full time college but will be pretty much done by the time baby is here! should be moving out before baby is here with my OH though, he is older so more set up.
I love living at home but I think it will be too hectic and its like a new chapter in my life so I would want to start it with me and my OH and baby... if that makes sense. xx

I'm 20 and still live with my mam, I still will be when Lucas is here.
Me and OH aren't stable enough to live together yet and I really don't like the thought of living by myself with LO, it's a little scary :flow:

I'll be almost 18 when LO comes am staying at home but in my own space kindof like a seperate flat so have got the best of both worlds can look after LO in our own space but can always go downstairs and be with mum and dad if im feeling lonely... and can nab some food off them if i dont feel like cooking :thumbup: :haha:

I'll be almost 18 when LO comes am staying at home but in my own space kindof like a seperate flat so have got the best of both worlds can look after LO in our own space but can always go downstairs and be with mum and dad if im feeling lonely... and can nab some food off them if i dont feel like cooking :thumbup: :haha:

This is like what i have. Ive got my own living and bathroom, my room and babies room. Its nice to have your own space but also nice to know that help is just underneath! :haha:

OH and I lived together at his parents house for 6 months in Nova Scotia then decided to move to Ontario (where I'm from) and moved into my parents house for 6 months. My parents bought a duplex to rent out and ended up renting the top to OH and I and the bottom to my brother, his girlfriend, and her daughter.
I couldn't handle living at either parents house. You don't feel you have a say in anything when it's not your parents and OH would get frusterated with my parents (and hide it really well until we were alone, thank god) and it was stressful on our relationship.
I love being on our own but the bills are really hard. We both work full time jobs, mine paying about minimum wage and his paying 50% more than mine and we live paycheque to paycheque, it's really hard to save any money for when LO is here. There are so many bills you have to think about. Both your cell phones (if you have them, I just got rid of mine and instead got a home phone) cable, internet, car payments, car insurance, visa payment, groceries, gas ect. Luckily heat water and electricity are included in our rent otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it. We don't live badly, we always have everything we need, we just don't often have much left come our next paychecks unfortunately and there isn't much to go out and have fun with.
Then when I'm on Mat leave I only make 55% of what I'm making now. I'm doing a mortgages course because my dad is a mortgage broker and said I could do a couple of deals a month for him and he'll pay me to help supplement the bills so hopefully that will help. My advice would be to stay with your parents for maybe the first year, if they're there to help with childcare you could get a part time job and save half of every paycheck, that way you have some money saved up because moving in general is expensive. You always think you can get a lot of hand me downs ect but then theres things you realise you need that you didnt think of. Kettle, toaster, microwave, cutlery, cooking materials ect ect ect ect ect. Plus you'll want to be sure that even with moving out your LO has everything they will need. You'll have a better idea of what this will include after experiencing it for a little while.
I know the idea isn`t exactly the best but I`m just saying its hard living on your own let alone with a newborn. Good luck!!! xo

I still live at home with my mum and dad.. but my OH lives here too, if he didn't then I'd definitely want my own place with him!

We would be able to afford our own place.. but it would just mean that we wouldn't be able to save up money like we do at the moment and do as many things. I'm studying at the moment so it would be really tight for us to have our own place. I like it at my mum and dads but I'd rather we had our own home as a proper little family.. but at the same time I'm really scared and want all the help I can get!

At the end of the day I'd probably just see how it goes? You can always move out later. I'm definitely living at home for the first few months when the baby is here and then making a decision! xx

Live at home still, but OH lives here too. Well.. This is his 2nd home anyway :)

im 16 and in the process of moving out as we think it will be more benefical and dont really want to move my litte man when hes here, i just want him to get usta his own house from day 1 :)

I moved out of my parents house when I was 19, moved 4 hours away for school and lived in a townhouse with a couple girlfriends. Although I love my mom and she wants to be around her grandson a lot, moving home wasn't an option because my life and my OH are here now. My girlfriends were supportive and said I could still live with them, but OH and I moved in together when I was 6 months pregnant. He was still living at home and we rented a place for 4 months while we looked for a house. Now we have a beautiful 3 story home and we rent out the basement to help with the bills. I personally love living with OH, even though its hard and I don't get any help since my family is so far away, I like the independence and feeling like I can do it on my own. OH supports us financially, allowing me to be a stay at home mom for now. I'd love to see my family more but I couldn't live with them now with a baby, I have my own family now. That being said, I would only live on my own if I had enough financial support. There's no way I could live alone with my son without my OH. I think it all depends on your situation, independance is important, but not worth struggling for.

I live with my boyfriend and a bunch of my friends in a flat at the moment, I actually really like it.. me and my parents have a much better relationship because of it BUT we are moving into a house my parents are building us on their property (its a farm) so we'll be very close but very much in our own space too. We'll have to pay rent but not as much as we would living in a flat because we'd have to rent something by ourselves and we have a dog so it makes things quite pricey over here. I think it'll be good to have a live in registered OB-GYN and lactation consultant around in the early days, not to mention she'll be an amazing grandmother and just has a way with babies :cloud9:

I still live at home and i am so thankful and luckily i have an amazing family who i love!!! My son is already so spoiled by me and he also has his gram and gramp! they let me redo our second living room and it is so beautiful and huge i love it!!! i wont be moving out until i am ready. to me thou you sound ready you can afford it and live comfortably! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->