do you think an ultrasound could cause a misscarriage :(

Ladies im going to have to agree...its the waves an radiation not the physical probe.

If i get pregnant again im not going to have one till 16weeks i also think they put a lot of pressure on you counting down till you can next see them an false hope when everything looks perfect.

After each early ultrqsound i had i brought a new baby item as i thought everything was fine.

X

Ultrasounds cant be 100% safe! Just think of how they are performed (not the pressure they put on your belly or the probe being placed inside you but how the ultrasound actually works). They suggest pregnant women stay away from micriowaves b/c of the harm it can cause I know its different b/c one uses radiation but its kinda the same b/c it can be harmful. I think f they are medically needed then sure if not then dont do it. Some women cant have sex during pregnancy b/c of the affect it can have. Each person is different.

with my 1st three pregnancies I never had ultrasounds unless they were needed. I had one with my 1st and 2nd I had 3 with my 3rd these ultrasounds were only done over the belly. From sept 2011 to june 2012 I have had 13 ultrasounds done 4 were done to check for retained products of conception. 4 were just over the belly and the other 9 were over the belly and internal ultrasounds.

I should have been high risk before now my dr is willing to listen to me, As much as I dont want to have as many I know they will have to check me and keep an eye on me and my baby! so only time will tell I just hope I dont have another loss.

Ladies im going to have to agree...its the waves an radiation not the physical probe.

If i get pregnant again im not going to have one till 16weeks i also think they put a lot of pressure on you counting down till you can next see them an false hope when everything looks perfect.

After each early ultrqsound i had i brought a new baby item as i thought everything was fine.

X

Is there a reason why 16 weeks is safer to get one at?

I wondered this too and even googled it. I had an internal scan (where they stick it up you) at 8 weeks and I got told my baby died at 8 weeks 1 day. "within hours" of my first scan, so they said. I can't see them doing these scans if they could potentially cause somebody to miscarry but it did run through my mind too x

That is so sad! I'd be thinking the same thing. I have read that it can heat up tissue and amniotic fluid and that fluid is very sensitive to sound. I'm supposed to be having one at 12 weeks this Tuesday but I might push it back just not sure to when???

sweetp i only say 16weeks because i feel thats 4 weeks into 2nd tri - not because i have.any scientific knowledge...

i read somewhere that altho ultrasounds r safe that they are still doing trials. more people are having early ultrasounds as they're readily avail, maybe that is why they seem to cause a problem when actually it wud hav happened neway.

i dnt hav any scientific background but my personal preference will be to wait till well into 2nd tri x

I wondered this too and even googled it. I had an internal scan (where they stick it up you) at 8 weeks and I got told my baby died at 8 weeks 1 day. "within hours" of my first scan, so they said. I can't see them doing these scans if they could potentially cause somebody to miscarry but it did run through my mind too x

That is so sad! I'd be thinking the same thing. I have read that it can heat up tissue and amniotic fluid and that fluid is very sensitive to sound. I'm supposed to be having one at 12 weeks this Tuesday but I might push it back just not sure to when???

I'll feel comfortable getting one then. I'm thinking of waiting until around 10 weeks (and then 12 weeks for NT) just so we'll have accurate dating for NT. I think the baby's heart would be developed enough at that point to take the stress of a short U/S.

after reading all these posts, i can't help but think that the internal scan caused my miscarriage :( especially as they told me that baby had made NO progress from that moment on. I thought that could be the reason why, but then i doubted it as they're highly trained people but it all connects and sounds right :( :shrug: sticking something right up there and then moving it from side to side (she wasn't gentle, it hurt me!) cannot be good for a newly formed fetus and i doubt i'll ever have an early scan in future pregnancies!! xx

sweetp i only say 16weeks because i feel thats 4 weeks into 2nd tri - not because i have.any scientific knowledge...

i read somewhere that altho ultrasounds r safe that they are still doing trials. more people are having early ultrasounds as they're readily avail, maybe that is why they seem to cause a problem when actually it wud hav happened neway.

i dnt hav any scientific background but my personal preference will be to wait till well into 2nd tri x

I ended up pushing mine back to 18 weeks instead of doing the 12 week one. I would have been having it today.

will b worth the.wait sweetp....you.should find out the sex then too?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->