Do you think I have wrapped her up enough?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Emma room is cold. Even with the heating on - and I dont like leaving it on as its not good for your health.

So she is in

Vest
Sleepsuit
Grobag
3 covers
Hat
Mittens

It is cold here like. My toes are sore im that cold :(

Midwife told me not to leave a hat on my son while we are indoors as baby's control there temp throu there heads x

Hun what is the temp ? thats sounds like a lot of wrapping up ..my room is cold i cant have heatin on in my room as it makes my asthma bad ...Lily as long sleeve vest tights babygrow growbag and 1 cover xx

Thats a lot of covers but then again I dont know the temp. Phoebe's room is 20 and she has a longsleeved sleepsuit and a 1 tog grow bag.

I dunno as the thermometer has disappeared.
She just woke up now and feeling the back of her neck and her chest and she is not warm at all really.

Lets just say, its so cold in there it makes my toes hurt and I have slippers on :(.

I am going to go round the window frame with sealant tomorrow as I am sure there is a draft, and she is getting a curtain over her thermal blind.

I have just put hte heating on, but when I turn it off, within 20 mins its freezing again.

The latest temp outside is 1.4degrees and we have snow

if i'm honest, i'd suggest putting the heating on for the night today (the thermostat will turn it off til its needed anyway) and then get a thermometre tomorrow so you can then leave the heating off tomorrow night and dress her in the right amount of layers once you know what the temp is...for me i'd want to do that to be better safe than sorry :hugs:

plus...i agree with poster above, everything i've read says not to leave a hat on a baby when indoors or in a car for more than 15 mins as can quickly result in overheating

i know you're worried she'll be cold, but its better to be a little too cold than a little too hot :hugs:

The heating in on now, but only going to be in her room as it makes me ill and I don't need that right now. I think the fact her room has 2 outside walls doesn't help - one of the walls is onto the cellar by the stairs. And that we don't have carpets- its just the painted wooden floors :(.

My baby boy's room is 21 degrees and he is in a sleepsuit and covers (of which he promptly kicks off!) and he always seems quite happy.

my room feels very cold but the thermo says "just right" just be careful i dont think she needs all them blankets on, but i cud b wrong x

wow i think i would wanna be bundled up like that to if its that cold in the house. you ladies are talking about 1 degree and 20 thats insane. i live in california US and the lowest ive been in outside has be 30 and i thought i was going to freez over

SMA1588 - are you talking in fahrenheit? 30 degrees fahrenheit is -1 degree celsius, 20 degrees celsius is 68 degrees fahrenheit.

It does sound like you have a lot of layers on your LO. I agree with what the others have said about the hat, I've been tempted to put a hat on my LO in the house but stopped myself. It sounds like you are in a tough situation as you need more heat for your LO but the heating makes you ill. I dont know what to suggest. I hope you find something which suits you soon :hugs:

Our house is COLD! We don't have central heating, just a little oil filled radiator in each room that all work on timers to stop the house from freezing! Earl has one in his room and it's on permanently at the moment on a thermostat. I make sure that my thermometers (I have one in each room now....as it gets that cold!) always say at least 15 degrees. At night he has a babygrow, a vest, and is swaddled in a cotton sheet with 1 more layer of blanket over him. He sleeps fine and always feels fine to the touch. I suffer really badly with chilblains and mine have flaired up but Earl seems to be fine as I have blankets over him almost constantly at the moment....wish I could have a blanket on constantly. lol I would say that it's probably a bit much to have a hat and mittens on and I would probably lose one of the blankets, but keep checking her as you will be able to adjust with that many layers. AAnd get some thermal socks for your feet as hurting toes are the start of chilblains and you don't want them!!

I know how cold it is as we are even further north than you....I have the same on Olivia except the hat and she seems pretty warm so id say she was fine in what your putting her in.

Its a worry huh :/

It really helps to know the temperature of the room, then you can follow the recommendations rather than your concerns.

20-21 degrees is on the warm side, ideal is 16-20.

Scroll down on this page for a set of charts with advice x

https://www.babygurgles.co.uk/grobag-egg-i-19.html

We dont have snow yet but at nights its down to minus 9.

Alex's room is between 19 and 22 and he has a vest, babygrow, cosy sleepsuit, one blanket then when i go to bed he gets another blanket xx

Eleanor's room was 11 degrees last night, so we've bought her a little electric radiator which we're going to put on a timer switch to come on for a few hours in the middle of the night as I don;t want to run the heating all night either! She's been sleeping in a long sleeved vest and sleepsuit, 2.5 tog sleeping bag and 3 layers of blankets for the last week, but is still pretty chilly.

ok i was thinking wow thats really low ....yes i was thinking farenheight because i never heard any1 actually go by celcious lol.

oooops lol but still those are some pretty low temps

My Flat is quite cold cos I dont hav much money and cant afford to buy to much for gas :( but its about 20 degrees in our room. Noah has a short sleaved vest, babygro, 2.5tog sleeping bag and then a fleece blanket on top and he seems a good temp. I live in the south east and we have over 6 inches of snow atm! and its so cold xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->