Do you use a dummy?

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
We thought we try introduce a dummy as LO seems to comfort suck a lot. Which i dont mind (except at 2 in the morn).

But he just seems to gag on it.

Do you introduce a dummy...if so when and which ones?

My lo has a dummy from
Birth. It really helps him settle. We use a few different types he doesn't seem to mind. My second son could never have one just didn't like them couldn't drink from
A bottle either x

We tried giving a dummy at 3/4 weeks and LO wouldn't take it. Have tried 4/5 different types as she's a comfort sucker but they just get spat out. She takes expressed milk fine from a bottle :flower:

We used one from birth and it was the MAM ones :) occasionally Avent x

We have tried several different dummy's with no luck. I wish he would take one but he just spits it out. I have had a little luck with the soothies, but it's short lived (1-2 mins). He comfort sucks & sometimes I just need a break :/

My lg gags on them too. She also won't drink expressed milk from a bottle.

My LO only used a dummy a handful of times before refusing it completely. I offered but she just wasn't interested.

All of mine have had dummies. The first 2 had the tommee tippee orthodontic ones and loved them. Olly gags on them - but is fine with mam ones. Trial and error I think! X

We've had a dummy from 3 weeks. She likes tommie yippee orthodontic ones but she loses them a lot. Mam ones stay in better. With LO she pulls a face at first but then wants it back in and is fine. She soon makes it clear if she wants boob rather than dummy. She also loves to suck her hand and I don't know why but I'd sooner she had the dummy. But she does what she wants anyways....

Oh and we've had no latch issues.

I never thought I would, but I am DESPERATELY trying to get my son to take one. He constantly wants to comfort suck and now will only fall asleep on the boob. He took one in the NICU, but stopped after a few days home. Ive tried 4 kinds. He gagged on two kinds and tries to take another brand, but only munches on it.

Millie took one from 1 day old.

MAM primarily but she will use NUK & Avent. Doesn't care much for TT

No, we don't use dummies. He uses his fist and fingers if he wants to comfort suck. He does feed to sleep but he actually continues to feed and actively swallow whilst sleeping so I'd take it that he's actively feeding. He lets go once he's done and goes into a deeper sleep so I don't think it's purely a comfort suck. We offered our first son a dummy and he wasn't interested so didn't even bother buying any this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->