Do you want to go back to work after having a baby ???

No.

I am going to foster and/or childmind. I haven't fostered yet because it is something I want to dedicate myself to, and I can't do that while I am working full time/shifts.

Having spent 5 years at uni and trained as a teacher, it is a big step for me to become self-employed and effectively stay home with my babies, but it is one that is important to me, given that they WILL be babies for such a short time and family is a big thing to me having not had a great family life myself.

Im right there with you!
Ive been teaching for 3 years now, and i dont think its a job that u can do full-time whilst having a tiny baby. Ive trained to be a childminder, am all set up ready to go- but there isnt the demand round here at the minute.

I would love to be a stay at home mum- more than anything else in the world! My mum was so lucky that she was able to do that- i grew up with my mum at home, n i loved it, and my mum has always said that they were the happiest years of her life. But it was so much easier to b a stay at home mum then. Its nearly impossible to do now unless ur husband earns a lot of money, u work from home, or u live off benefits (sorry if that sounds harsh, but i reckon its true?!). I think i might be able to work part time at the very least- but i wish i could be a full time mum!

I don't really have a choice as OH is unemployed. So, I'll go back to work as soon as physically possible and he'll stay home and watch the kid or if he finds a job, work part time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->