do you want to wait?

girl

Reaction score
Im ready to start trying for a baby,
all my friends have either had babys, preganant or trying, and i mean ALL!
not saying its peer presure, i've wanted a child since the day i could say baby!!! and no i finally feel as if i have enough imformation and the means to have a child... im nearly 23 and have been with OH for 2years.

OH wants 2 wait another 2-4 years before starting to try, or for any commitment! he says that we should be opening up not tying ourselfs down.
im not bothered about traveling or anything like that, its clear that we dont want the same things but im ready for a child because of him!! i dont want to be in a position where i accidently get pregnant, have no father for my baby and no support to riase them... OH wants 2 get into the police and says thats more important.

would u wait?? is anyone waiting that doesnt really want to??

I think there are quite a few cases of women that are the ones not wanting to TTC yet, or are very happy to wait.

Sadly most of us want it and we want it now, even if it can't be. Some because their OH is not ready, some because of money, some because of health (my case), and many others for other reasons making this time either not right or not possible. It's hard, some moments are harder than others, but a lot of us are in the same boat. We try to keep each other sane here. Take care X

I'm the 1 who wants to wait til the summer in our partnership :shrug:

ETA - i want to TTC NOWWWW but I also want to wait. I'm dying to have another LO and would love to get preg now and seriously have to remind myself constantly WHY I'm waiting.

If your OH is looking to go into the police then I would wait as he will be away for about 20 weeks for training. If you were to chose to get PG now, then it's not very fair if he has to be gone for 20 weeks of your pregnancy and miss out on you being pregnant with his first child. He will never be able to get that back again. Better to wait until he's finished, then he can be there for all of your pregnancy, and be there to support you.

It's also important if the job will help support you as a family, and offer him job stability so I can see where he is coming from.

has ur partners given u any reasons or a set date to work 2wards??

He just says hes not ready and i havent got a date

We are waiting because of my husband - he said he needed at lease one year of being married before we started to TTC and he swears he needs the time to fully adjust to the idea before throwing everything into it :wacko:

I find this whole idea completely confusing - I don't understand half the time how he can see me so upset about the issue but still be adament he needs to wait until June :growlmad: I don't understand how he can switch the emotional side of until then...

My OH says that he wants to live only in two yet, and 2 year he wants WTT

I don't want to wait... But I know that to be fair to baby, my OH and myself I have to xD

He just wants to wait until we have our degrees, jobs, own home, a car, and are married. Honeymoon baby 2014 is what we're aiming for! :happydance:

I'd rather not wait, but we did agree when we first discussed it 2 and a half years ago that we'd wait 5 years... so we're halfway there...

reasons we're waiting -
I need to lost quite a bit of weight to have a happy healthy pregnancy
I'm on a great programme at work which lasts a year and wouldn't want to waste it
saving up a nice chunk of money
hub to set up his business
and he's just not ready, doesn't want to look after anyone else right now... I think he's enjoying it being just US for now

that being said - I'm feeling ok with waiting another year - but 2.5 is still a long time... maybe... LOL

sometimes our men are the ones using their brains, and we just let our bodies take over... gotta love them for it

I do but I don't (want to wait). I feel like I have to, mostly for financial reasons. That and life/job stability. My step-son is 4 years old now, if I were to get pregnant any time now, he'd be in school by the time I had the baby, which would be good I think. But I don't want him to be too old before I have one! Nor do I want to be "too old" myself... not old as in that I physically would be unable to conceive, but just "too old" in my own mind. Kind of an arbitrary measurement, really.

I haven't honestly talked to DH about it yet... planning on broaching the subject in about 3-4 months. I have no idea what he'll say. When I was PG before (M/C in April 2009), he was much more excited than I was! So who knows.

At first i didnt want to wait. I wanted to ttc! But then we booked a holiday sat down and had a talk about what we both want and why OH wanted to wait. We decided that the holiday was what we wanted before kids. Our last one as a couple. When we booked the holiday he wasnt ready but as time has gone on i think its been going round in his head and he just clicked a few weeks back and decided that he too wanted a baby. Our holiday is just over 3 months away and im so excited. part of me still wants to ttc NOW but i know waiting is the best thing for us.

I hope your OH comes round and you can sort out a date for ttc

xx

on the whole, yes i do want to wait, we have our wedding booked for september, and as we're flying to the US for it, then i don't want to be too pregnant to fly, and i sorted my dress back in sept, and there isn't much bump room :lol:
i want to wait for a bigger age gap too, our daughter is 19months today, and ideally we would like at least 3 years between them.
i'd also like to move, my OH isn't too fussed on this, but it's very important too me and we probably wont start trying till we have.
some days, i would love to be ttc now, but i want it too be right for us all, me, my OH, our daughter and another baby.
currently we've decided on july to start ttc again, but i may put it back till september for the wedding, and if we haven't moved by then, well, i suppose we'll have to put it back again.

i think the most important thing is, imo, if that you both (you and you OH) need to be ready for the big leap of ttc and having a baby, i truly believe it's very important to be 'on the same page' as it were!

Like you- i've wanted a baby since- well- forever! lol
So i have been waiting for a long time, but the OH has come round to the idea now :) I didn't think he would if i'm honest. He just started saying "lets have a baby" out of the blue; i was like whaaaaaaaaaaa lol

They'll come round to the idea eventually :)

I really don't want to wait, I'd love to be pregnant right now. :) But I know it would be more responsible and appropriate for my DH and myself, and the baby, to wait. My DH is finishing his degree next year, I'd like to get a house (or be on our way to getting a house), and have some money saved up.

we were all set to start ttc this month but hubby got cold feet. He decided to wait until june as that would make the due date March 2011 which is when I am due some inheritance money and would be able to buy a bigger car etc..

I know he is right but it's hard sometimes when you want something so much x

:growlmad: i don't wanna wait !! OH is making me wait though...my DD is 1yr 4 months and i really don't want a big gap between her and no.2..
i have asked him, hinted, tried everything..all i get is "no its too soon lets enjoy her first" :dohh: seriously getting annoying now..

then again i get mad at myself coz i really wan't another but cant really coz am under medication (Roaccutane) for 4mnths and must get a termination if i was to get pg during the 4 mnths and for at least 2 months after treatment:growlmad::cry::growlmad: aaaaarrrggghhh anyway..both that and OH are sooooooooo frustrating !!!!

Yes and No

I feel ready to be a mum now but I know it is best for all of us in the long run to wait. We were supposed to start TTC this year but then DP was made redundant this time last year and decided to retrain in a different career choice and work part time. It'll be another 18 months until he's qualified and we have two proper incomes to give us the financial security we want to raise a family with.

I wish I could relax and enjoy the next couple of years and just look forward to TTC but I really worry about my fertility and am terrified of waiting and finding out we have issues. That's my major problem.

Lulls :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->