Do you workout? How much is too much?

BabyMamma87

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hey Ladies :hi:

I hope you're all doing great :)

So, I workout one hour a day Monday to Friday.

Monday - Circuit
Tuesday - Treadmill
Wednesday - Weight Training
Thursday - Cardio Training
Friday - Circuit

So how much training is too much when TTC or even after getting a BFP?

What do you do for workout?

Also, do you take multivitamins or anything else to ensure a healthy pregnancy?

Lookin forward to hearing your insights! Baby dust to all of you!! :D :dust:

I go to the gym a lot too. I think if you're used to doing it then it's fine though I have read somewhere that hardcore exercise can have some negative effect but I can't really see how. Maybe if you're worried take it down to 4 days to give yourself time to relax? I went down from 5 times a week to 4 just to chill out a bit.

When pregnant, I think as long as you don't let your core temperature get really high and you keep your heart rate at a sensible level (i.e. not over 185) then it's fine.

Though I'm really no expert and i'm sure other ladies will give you much more helpful advice lol!

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I heard that it is good and i also heard that it isnt. But i really want to keep working out because i also heard that it makes the pregnancy much easier and it also helps with labor. However, im sure it all depends on your health too. My sister gets pulmonary embolisms which ia blood clots im your lungs and she wasnt able to workout.

Thanks again and good luck to you :) :dust:

It's good as long as you're not pushing yourself to the extreme basically. So no marathons etc. :) After your BFP again avoid over exertion, sprinting and jumping. (your ligaments relax so vigerous exercise like jumping can cause joint injuries) I've worked in a gym for 7 years. xx

Thank you .Mrs.B.! They are changing our workout program to 3 times a week instead of 5 for the rest of the summer, so I might still be able to attend if that is the case :D

My workout schedule seems similar to yours, 40-60 minutes 4-5 days a week. I might do a little more strength training and a bit less cardio (I HATE cardio). I take a daily prenatal vitamin.

As much as I loved zumba I cannot participate for quite a while. I just had surgery on my right foot for plantar fasciitis. Lame! So nothing with much impact for me. For those who may struggle w/high impact and/or joint problems, a really awesome alternative is aquatic exercise. Our community center offers water zumba so I think I will do it that way! As far as vitamins I take a prenatal & acidophilus.

Draculisa - I've never even thought of doing aquatics!! That is such a great idea. I have a cyst in my right foot and it just kills during my training. The only day that it doesnt hurt is when I do my weight training on Wednesday. There is nothing the docs can do about it. They gave me a prescription for custom made insoles and one for physio. I think when I get my BFP I will look into aquatics :)

Pirate - I'm not a big fan of cardio either.. If I could do only weight training, I would lol. I guess they are switching our workout program to 3 days a week for the summer. That's a bit of a bummer.. but it will give me the chance to do more weight training on the days that we dont have training :)

Draculisa - I've never even thought of doing aquatics!! That is such a great idea. I have a cyst in my right foot and it just kills during my training. The only day that it doesnt hurt is when I do my weight training on Wednesday. There is nothing the docs can do about it. They gave me a prescription for custom made insoles and one for physio. I think when I get my BFP I will look into aquatics :)

Pirate - I'm not a big fan of cardio either.. If I could do only weight training, I would lol. I guess they are switching our workout program to 3 days a week for the summer. That's a bit of a bummer.. but it will give me the chance to do more weight training on the days that we dont have training :)

Yay! Now we just need to pick out an awesome swim cap! :laugh2: The first time I went I walked in and was the only person not 80 yrs old & covered in tattoos. They looked at me like WTH! However, after 30 mins it was all good. I love it!

Lmao! Now im scared hahaha my workouts are going to 3 times a week next week for summer. Everything has been making me exhausted lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->