Do your clothes smell nice?

rachmumtobe

Reaction score
Mine don't :( and I don't know why. A family member gave F some clothes a while ago and then still smell really nice n also whenever my mum has washed something for me the lovely fresh smell stays on them for ages. Yet when I wash them they smell of nothing? Any ideas?

Mine do :) but I'm a bit over enthusiastic with the softener. :rofl: I use a different one for darks & lights so we don't get used to the smell too. & I dry our stuff on airers upstairs during winter so thy dry pretty quick. I find the longer they take to dry, the less the nice smell sticks around.

Mine smell lovely and people always say I smell of washing powder,but I am over enthusiastic with powder and softner too :haha:but I love the smell! Love the house smelling of washing too, think I have a problem haha x

I notice my clothes smell nice after they have been washed and had others comment to but i tumble dry and that takes some of the smell away i find, air dried clothes smell better for longer x

Mine don't smell of anything and i like it like that. Sometimes MIL washes DS's clothes when he has stayed there and they smell of her washing detergent. And i hate it lol. I can't stand the smell of detergent so would much rather have the just general clean smell. Oh i use Persil btw.

I love the smell of washed clothes, F is wearing a tshirt today that someone gave him n I'm sat here sniffing him :) I use a cap full of the liquid n a fair bit of powder but I find that even if the towels go in the dryer n most clothes on the radiator, still nothing smells nice. We did have an airer but the council thought it was rubbish n took it grrr so got to get a new one but I can't remember thinking they smelled nice, just that they take the p to dry n socks go hard lol x

It might be your machine needs a good clean out, and thats making the clothes now smell as nice?
Full dose of detergent and run the machine on empty at 90 degrees :)

Mine do I love the smell of clean washing, maybe youv gotten too use to the smell?

It might be your machine needs a good clean out, and thats making the clothes now smell as nice?

Shall I put it on the usual fast wash, takes about an hour? N put liquid n powder in? Sorry I'm sounding dumb haha. What temp does everyone usually wash clothes on? I usually do a 30 wash unless something is dirty x

I wash clothes on 40 and bedding/towels on 60 or 90 if one of us has been ill :)

Shall I put it on the usual fast wash, takes about an hour? N put liquid n powder in? Sorry I'm sounding dumb haha. What temp does everyone usually wash clothes on? I usually do a 30 wash unless something is dirty x

Any length, as long as its at 90 degrees to flush out any buildup in the machine and pipes etc. You dont need softner in there :)

Since I've had my little man have started using Fairy powder to wash his clothes and I love the smell of it. Sometimes will chuck my towels in with a little wash of his and then they smell lovely too like Jake :)

I changed to Fairy aswell, only because it was half price at Sainsburys a while ago so stocked up lol. I couldn't believe it's £20 for a big box of the powder.

i find fairy doesnt clean clothes properly, i used it for 3 years, its not very good.

my clothes smell nice, i use ecover and comfort.

Mine always smell lush! And I keep the clothes horse in our bedroom so our bedroom always smells of delicious fresh laundry :) I usually wash mine on 30/40 and go a little overboard with comfort softener...I just use the white pure one.

I used to use whatever it said on the side of the packaging but I add a bit more now and I have also changed my powder from Daz to Bold and I have started to use fabric softner, I normally buy Asda one because its cheap and actually makes the clothes smell gorgeous.

Carfull eveyone if cherryglitter knowd your clothes smell nice she will be round sniffing you all :)

Mine do, but I use the comfort pure softener and I love the smell of it!!

See I also use Fairy and I swear once dried, the clothes don't smell of anything?! What does everyone else use for detergent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->