Do your clothes smell nice?

It depends on the softner you use. We use ariel liquitabs for washing and the blue comfort for softening and our clothes always smell nice.

We use fairy non bio washing powder and comfort fabric softener. Our washing smells lush. I used the fairy fabric softener before and our clothes didn't smell as nice but I love comfort now. Drying them outside makes them smell sooo good but the tumble dryer takes the smell away I find and it's expensive. Lol

Oh and I wash my machine through on a 90 degree wash with just powder, no softener and it has to be powder not the tablets to give it a good easy I find :)

Mine were smelling of nothing too and I have a new machine. I was using non bio fairy washing liquid and the baby softener. Now I still use the non bio washing liquid but I use lemon lanor softener and it's smelling lush! x

I use twice as much softener as I should but the clothes all smell gorgeous

See softener was my problem. I always used Downey , but my clothes had this weird smell like damp and musty. It drove me crazy and one day I bought a new detergent Arm & Hammer fresh scent and stopped using the Downey and now my clothes smell great . For some reason Downey mixed with any detergent gave off that terrible smell in my washing machine, it took me months to figure out. Now my clothes smell great and since I stopped using Downey they have not smelled at all. Oh and towels would really smell after you used them and they were damp. it was disgusting and drove me nuts. I am so happy I found the problem.. :flower:

ours stay nice smelling for a little while then it just goes, sometimes i put to much conditioner in and they go greasy (yuck)

I am currently using Daz and Lenor.

My clothes smell good :laundry:

V xxx

Blue Comfort for us, I always get comments about the nice smell of our clothes. I add extra for underwear, bedsheets & towels as I tumble dry them.

You can't beat the smell of freshly washed laundry, my DH calls me weird cis I sit and sniff it when I'm hanging it up lol

I use bold fusions gel and lenor infusion softener which I tend to use more than is recommended :) x

not sure if its been mentioned already but if you live in a hard water area then you need to use more softener and powder. if you read the instructions on the softner etc it actually gives you a guide as to how much to put in baed on how soiled the clothes are and hard/soft water area :thumbup:

This may sound strange but I cant actually smell my own clothes in my own house, like you say they smell of nothing...but when I go to work people say I smell nice and I havent even used any perfumes or soaps, but they can smell me! and also if I go to a really musty hotel room, you know they have that distinctive smell, I get my clothes out of the case and they smell really fresh and nice :)

Mine do :cloud9:

I use 4 different softeners so that I never get used to it and stop noticing it!

I never wash at 30 because IMHO it doesn't clean the clothes properly no matter what the packaging says-the only exception is when I do the 30 minute wash on my machine in an emergency. I wash on 40 but only a quick wash as I find that the longer wash cycle actually rinses out the softener a bit too well and dumps loads of limescaley London water on the clothes, making them dry crispy and with that nasty damp smell. I also always use soda crystals in every wash as a water softener and to keep my machine clean. I used to never use anything but eco brands but recently have started to use more mainstream brands of powder/liquid and softener because they were on offer and I had coupons for them-in the past OH and I have had allergic reactions to the fragrances used in washing products in particular; but nothing so far with the stuff we have bought recently. I really do think they have toned down some of the fragrances in certain brands over the past few years xx

Lenor spring awakenings... Makes clothes smell lush, and it's the best one that keeps the fragrance in!

I've found that mine never kept the 'just washed' smell until I started going a little mad on the fabric conditioner.. :blush: I also spend ages smelling all the washing liquids to use and then pick one I like the smell of, rather than just pick a random one.

comfort exhilarations are LOVELY. i loved the pink strawberry one.

I always put more fabric softener in than it states, as I love the smell :)

May need to give your machine a good clean. I use white vinegar on and empty 90 degree wash. The white vinegar also acts as a descaler too. Also make sure you keep your machine door open after you have taken your washing out, this helps to dry the inside of the machine.

Lenor spring awakenings... Makes clothes smell lush, and it's the best one that keeps the fragrance in!

good, good, as I got quite a few big bottles of that with coupons when they were reduced to £1.63 (tesco) or £2 (sanisburys) hence 63p or £1 a bottle but as per usual I didn't smell before I bought :D xx

comfort exhilarations are LOVELY. i loved the pink strawberry one.

I love the pink strawberry one too. Although the smell does remind me of calpol, i don't mind my clothes smelling of calpol it smells lovely :blush:

Mine did... Until my sons spit up on me... Sigh.. The joys of mommyhood :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->