Do your clothes smell nice?

I use surf (the pink one) and the blue comfort sensations I think it is for darks & the new white one for whites :lol:

I just switched to Fairy powder and Comfort Pure fabric softner as it was recommended to wash newborn clothes with and I also find the clothes smell of nothing. :shrug:

I suppose its a good thing for baby but will get what I used to for our (mine and my boyfriends) clothes again which was Persil powder and Lenor fabric softner in the black bottle because that makes our clothes smell AMAZING and I think it's down to the fabric softner. :thumbup:
I was recommended the black Lenor when I was shopping ages ago, a lady said the smell lasts the longest out of all of them and she was right.
I use a lid and a half of fabric softner on a full load.

I use Surf liquid and my clothes smell lovely :) I used to overload the washing and this stops the clothes from smelling nice so I had to start putting less washing in at one time and it worked :)

My clothes always smell fantastic lol! If they don't I WILL rewash them hehe. Our washing machine is in the basement and when i was pregnant with the twins OH had to do washing as I couldn't get up and down the stairs esp with laundry. He had to be trained as I will not except the washing otherwise lol!

I use comfort (white) softener and ariel powder washing powder (although i think it matters less about what it is and more about the quantities you use. I use a huge amount, especially softener. my maximum has to be full every time with teh concentrated stuff! Its so worth it though, i love fresh smelling clothes and it stinks the house out too so my house smells lovely.

I use a tumble (no garden) and think that helps lock in the smells too, when i put things on the rads it doesn't smell as nice after.

I get a bit obsessed about smells, lol, my sinks have to be bleached everyday, my units need to smell nice and fresh, my toilet water has to be blue lol, there is nothing nicer than a lively fresh smelling house.

Our clothes smell lovely :) I love fairy and I use a lot of fabric softner.

Carfull eveyone if cherryglitter knowd your clothes smell nice she will be round sniffing you all :)

:rofl: the rumours you're spreading around about me on this forum ;)

we use liquid non bio, depends which one. normally persil as it's been on offer loads! then comfort pure.

it does sound like your machine needs a good clean out. we used to have an old rubbish machine and everything smelt rubbish when it came out. i gave it a good clean out (filter, the rubber seal, everything!) and then ran a hot wash with some bicarb of soda.

it did the trick. :)

Mine smell yummy!! I use fairy non bio gel and either fairy or comfort softener, the white ones! I put loads of extra softener in though!

It depends what I use on mine! If I use supermarket brands the smell doesn't seem to last very long but if I use branded detergents ect they smell better and last longer!
I'm using comfort and Persil at the moment and it's definately my preffered choice when it comes to the smell of my washing!
x

I always use too much softener. I hate clothes that don't smell nice after they've dried. I can always smell it when they've been on the airer, but when they go in the tumble dryer it smells of that :( My Mum says you always get used to the smell of your own so others smell better!

Pink comfort is my fav! Clothes smell gorgeous when they have been washed. I only buy when on offer though :flower:

Bold 2 in 1 liquid pouch/tablet thingies leave a really strong smell on clothes :)

I used to have the same problem and complained about alot to my mum that "why do her clothes always smell nice and mine smell of nothing?" lol.. But i was using the same washing powder/softner for months as we bought a massive box of persil.

But now i buy all diffrent kinds of detergent, we are currently using the bold liquid gel stuff, which you can smell on clothes after they're dry, even in the dryer. I tend to buy somthing diffrent each time when we run out.

I agree with washing out your machine as when me and OH moved in together nearly 4 years ago OHs mum gave us there spare washing machine which they hardly used and for about 2 years our clothes smelt of nothing, even when i'd tried loads of diffrent washing stuff and our machine also had a horrible stale smell to it lol.. but it must of cleaned out at some point as it doesn't smell horrible anymore. x

I put it on a 90 wash, took 2 hours :) n the clothes smell lovely coming out of the wash but will see once they're dry. How many cap fulls of softener are you all using? I use one x

Half a cap of concentrate diluted with water. Too much can be bad for your machine over a long time.

i just use whatever it says to use on the back. when it loses it's fluidity though you need to put some water in it.

huh why are u putting water in the softner?

I use 1/2 a cap of concentrate x

because it gets really thick if you buy a lot after a while. (i buy the big 85 wash concentrate things)
it's bad for the machine.

Concentrated softner is great for smaller/less packaging but its not so good for your washing machine and should be watered down when you put it in.

Mine smells lovely, I use either Daz or Persil non bio and Lenor or comfort sensitive.

I switch between Fairy powder and fairy softener, and comfort and persil, if I use the same one constantly I find they dont smell as nice (maybe its just me gotten used to the smell iykwim?)

My trouble is keeping them smelling nice once they're in the drawers :dohh: xx

Xander has sensitive skin which means we cant use any of the strong smeeling conditioners, so i use fairy liquid and i used to use comfort pure but found my clothes didnt smell of anything, tried tescos pure and they smell fantastic:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->