doc said to wean LO!!

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
so i went to see my GP yesterday after changing LOs milk from enfamil ar to hungry milk (as advised by pedi) the hungry milk alone was making him real sick, with 2 gaviscon, just a little spit up, so i asked for some on prescription. she said there's nothing wrong with him and no she will not give me anything.. she told me to wean him, on fruit, or rice (im adamant not to give all this baby crap) so i bought some fruits, and i saw some c&g fruit pots, says nothing but fruit (according to the ingredients, i know some are hidden but anyway..) doc said to give him just a few spoon fulls and see how he is.. soo even though i really didn't want to spoon feed, i want to BLW i gave it a go..
so, the first spoon full was confusing for him, he didn't know what to do so he was sticking his tongue out.. after 2-3 spoons he clicked on, and was then opening his mouth for more, so i gave him more until he no longer wanted it, he had a good few inches from the tub, and then refused it, but then wanted a bottle after..
what else can i give him? im a bit gutted i cant BLW yet, but when he turns 6m i will be as soon as!!

I started blw at 5.5 months as baby was ready sat unaided etc etc.

Don't beat yourself up over the spoon thing I do 90% finger food but still spoon feed for yoghurt etc. we've cut purées out now as she wasn't interested.

The anabel karmel cook book is great for first taste purée recipes, all natural. I still use it now for recipes for sauces and finger food.

he can very nearly sit unaided, just needs a little support but has brilliant head balance.. i just gave him mushed up banana and he loved it..
although the doc did tell me to replace a bottle with food, but he still wanted the bottle straight after, is that normal? or am i doing something wrong?

Totally normal, mine was just the same. Just take it gradually and baby will lead you when they are ready to stop with a bottle. Don't pressure yourself over it, the whole thing is quite confusing!!

My health visitors run a weaning course that may be useful and I always chat to them about weaning when I get baby weighed. I don't necessarily find it all useful but have found them a great resource in terms of healthy eating as there is such a big push within the NHS

I would give veggies first. Fruit has loads of sugars. We do veggies and still bf as normal. Sounds like you are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->