Doc's Bloody SIlly

vicky

Reaction score
Rang the doctors to get an appointment for kacy cos i think she has got chicken pox, i got told that the doctor or nurse that they don't see kids with chicken pox, i said well how will i know if she has got it for defernite, i said to her i'm 38 weeks preganant i need it to be confirmed if she has or hasn't got chicken pox. she told me to ring back at half 11 to talk to the doctor and the doctor might see Kacy.

Bloody stuiped.

Doctors do my head in!

Trying to get an appointment at ours is ridiculas! If you won't tell the receptionist whats wrong with you they won't give you an appointment!

I have to admit tho they will give you an appointment if its for a baby however once the doc realises there's noting wrong they talk to you like your stupid!

Can you not just call and say your LO has a rash and you want to have it checked out? You don't have to tell them you think its chicken pox!
I think its pretty bad that they won't see you!

xx

they didn't have any appointments for today anyway, so i expalined the reasoning i want to see the doctor and she told me they don't see kids with chicken pox, so i explained i was preganant. but whats worse all the spots are on her bottom so at first i just thought it was nappie rash but it started to blisster and loads more came up.

Nope they never see kids with Chicken pox
If you have had them you will be fine hun
We have has a mad spate of them in our toddler group and there is pregnant woman there
I think it can be dodgy if you get it in the early weeks and have not had them before

Why don't they see kids with pox? Madness!

Don't you need a perscription?

so did they tell you, who might see you instead (hospital???)

Why don't they see kids with pox? Madness!

Don't you need a prescription?
nope no prescription
calamine lotion or cream and thats about £1 from chemist
It's such a common childhood illness and nothing can be done to stop it etc.. as it is contagious before spots even put in an appearance
So really no point seeing a GP unless they are really poorly with it

so did they tell you, who might see you instead (hospital???)
nobody will see a child with chicken pox unless they are really poorly

They would only comfirm it really but there is nothing that can be done for it

rang docs back, the only time i need to take kacy in is if she has spots near her eyes. but baby will be fine cos so far gone and i've had it before.

I'm glad your minds been put at rest hun :hugs:
Ooooh not long now :happydance:

from my own experience with matters like this I learned, I never say prior what I suspect, I just say I have to see the doc :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->