Doctor Appointments

Natsby and Sus, glad to hear good news and progress. :thumbup: Sus, it seems like it's always something for your OH but at least you'll get to try this month. Any word on the cysts or did I miss it?

Okay, I had my checkup yesterday. It wasn't really good news. Although my blood tests and ultrasounds look great, I'm not ovulating. Apparently I haven't been for some time. Apart from my age, my doctor thinks it may be stress or my weight, but he doesn't really know. I know I need to lose some but I didn't think I was so overweight I would stop ovulating. I have gained weight right around my waist in the last year.

He's doubling my dose of Primolut, indefinitely. After I've lost 20 pounds, he will give me Clomid for three months, increasing the dose each month. If nothing happens from that (doesn't make me ovulate/don't get pregnant), it's IVF. He personally thinks we should skip the Clomid and go right to IVF, but I asked to try the Clomid first. I am really upset about this. I lose weight only with great difficulty. It might take me six months to lose 20 pounds.

Or it's just forget the whole thing and go on with my life.

Dang Anna......that's a bummer. :hugs:

Why can't you try clomid while loosing weight, or perhaps find another doctor to prescribe the clomid? :blush: 20 pounds just doesn't sound like it should make or break ttc for woman.

Are you open to the idea of IVF?

Thanks, Ready. I need to catch up on you in your journal. :hugs:

The doctor thinks the Clomid will be more effective if I lose this weight. Plus, from what I understand, he wants me to have a couple of normal length cycles first. And in Greece, I don't even need a prescription for Clomid. I'm just afraid to take it by myself. My last gynecologist told me he would "never" prescribe it for me (he also told me I was "fine" even though I hadn't had a period in three months, but anyway). So I guess this is an improvement.

I'm open to the idea of IVF, I guess. My DH is very enthusiastic about it.

AnnaLaura, hate to ask this but...how much do you weigh now? How tall are you? I mean I have seen heavy set women getting pregnant so I wonder

Natsby and Sus, glad to hear good news and progress. :thumbup: Sus, it seems like it's always something for your OH but at least you'll get to try this month. Any word on the cysts or did I miss it?

Okay, I had my checkup yesterday. It wasn't really good news. Although my blood tests and ultrasounds look great, I'm not ovulating. Apparently I haven't been for some time. Apart from my age, my doctor thinks it may be stress or my weight, but he doesn't really know. I know I need to lose some but I didn't think I was so overweight I would stop ovulating. I have gained weight right around my waist in the last year.

He's doubling my dose of Primolut, indefinitely. After I've lost 20 pounds, he will give me Clomid for three months, increasing the dose each month. If nothing happens from that (doesn't make me ovulate/don't get pregnant), it's IVF. He personally thinks we should skip the Clomid and go right to IVF, but I asked to try the Clomid first. I am really upset about this. I lose weight only with great difficulty. It might take me six months to lose 20 pounds.

Or it's just forget the whole thing and go on with my life.

Dang Anna......that's a bummer. :hugs:

Why can't you try clomid while loosing weight, or perhaps find another doctor to prescribe the clomid? :blush: 20 pounds just doesn't sound like it should make or break ttc for woman.

Are you open to the idea of IVF?

Thanks, Ready. I need to catch up on you in your journal. :hugs:

The doctor thinks the Clomid will be more effective if I lose this weight. Plus, from what I understand, he wants me to have a couple of normal length cycles first. And in Greece, I don't even need a prescription for Clomid. I'm just afraid to take it by myself. My last gynecologist told me he would "never" prescribe it for me (he also told me I was "fine" even though I hadn't had a period in three months, but anyway). So I guess this is an improvement.

I'm open to the idea of IVF, I guess. My DH is very enthusiastic about it.

I think if your doctor is saying that you aren't ovulating due to being 20 pounds overweight, that just doesn't sound right. Weigh can interfere with fertility sure, (fat tissue can store estrogen and impact menstrual cycles that way), I'm not so sure how much difference 20 pounds would make, iykwim. If someone was 100 pounds overweight, I am sure that would have a huge impact on fertility, but 20 just doesn't seem impressive. Although, I am not a doctor by any means, so what do I really know. :blush::haha:

And yeah, if your previous doctor said everything was fine with having no period for 3 months, I wouldn't listen to anything he says.

:hugs:

Laura, I agree with Ready, the doctor who told you that everything was fine when you did not have a period for 3 months is not worth being listened to!:growlmad:

Can you get a second opinion?

AFM, Scan for cysts today! in 4 hours :coffee:

I'm really sorry if I gave anyone the impression that my doctor was making this a make-or-break scenario. He's not. He thinks that even losing 10% of my body weight (see below) might start me ovulating again and would make the Clomid more effective.

AnnaLaura, hate to ask this but...how much do you weigh now? How tall are you? I mean I have seen heavy set women getting pregnant so I wonder

I'm really overweight. I'm 5'7' and 185 pounds. I wear an 18 (U.S.) pants and a D cup bra. When I weighed 150 I wore a size 12 pants and a C cup. That's where I'd like to be again. Ideally I'd like to be 135, which I haven't been since I was 12, but I would settle for 150.

So, as I wrote above, losing 10% would be 18.5 pounds, but I've just been saying 20.

I'm really sorry if I gave anyone the impression that my doctor was making this a make-or-break scenario. He's not. He thinks that even losing 10% of my body weight (see below) might start me ovulating again and would make the Clomid more effective.

I'm really overweight. I'm 5'7' and 185 pounds. I wear an 18 (U.S.) pants and a D cup bra. When I weighed 150 I wore a size 12 pants and a C cup. That's where I'd like to be again. Ideally I'd like to be 135, which I haven't been since I was 12, but I would settle for 150.

So, as I wrote above, losing 10% would be 18.5 pounds, but I've just been saying 20.

well compared to you I'm obese then hehehe...but I do squeeze into a size 12...SQUEEZE

I'm 5'9" at 200lbs and my FS never said anything about my weight...yes lose it for you but don't stress over that being the cause I mean

Thank you Peanutput, Despie, Viking and Laura, and everyone else. Scan went well, but the sonographer has feaked me out. I have updated on my journal.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm always curious about the weight thing, mainly because me and a colleague were talking about this today and realised our last anomaly scan ladies had BMIs of 50, 55 and 59 respectively. In fact we were saying that the majority of our anomaly ladies have BMIs of over 30. So when docs put an emphasis on weight loss in order to get pg I always want to invite them to come and sit in on one of my lists :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->