Doctor appt, ultrasound, no baby.

jaymebrookee

Reaction score
I had my period Dec. 11. The first time I had sex with my boyfriend was dec. 26th. Found out I was pregnant January 12th and I had my first appointment today (Jan. 19th) and they did an ultrasound and there was no baby. Normal?

Was there a sac or anything? It could just too early but at almost 6 weeks you should see something. You also could have ovulated/implanted late.

Was there a sac? What did they say? Why such a early appointment?

did the doctor not say anything at all? all i can say is you're probably not far along enough to see anything as far as a baby itself. if anything there'd be a sac before you see anything more developed

Agreed, was there a sac? I had my LMP 12/13 and I had an emergency scan today because I injured myself on Saturday like a boss [/sarcasm]. You can see my ultrasound in the picture. I just had the sac and the yolk sac. You're really early. Last year, I had a pregnancy where 5.5weeks all I had was a gestational sack. I flipped the freak out! My gyn reassured me to calm down and had me come back like 4 or 5 days later. Low and behold, fetal pole! At this stage in the game, that's not uncommon. I'd ask for a second scan in a week's time and get your blood level hcg drawn and then drawn again two days after to make sure your levels are rising. Try not to stress :)

Did they draw blood to check your hcg levels? Only reason I ask is in the uk the epu will not see you for a scan unless your hcg is over 1000. When I asked why on my first pregnancy they said it's because the chance of seeing anything on a scan with numbers under 1000 is very slim. Maybe you just need a few more days for them to climb. You are still very early on.

I agree with everybody, its probably just too early. Your doc should have told you this.....and you still haven't said if there was a sac, those are my concerns. Hope all is well.

Echoing what everyone else said, could very well be too early. I opted to wait a little longer to get my u/s to ensure I saw something (saw baby at 8w).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->