Doctor changed my due date...

CAStafford

Reaction score
My doctor moved my due date back by two weeks!! July. 20th to now August 2nd!!! Anyone else have their due date pushed back?

Odd to do it that late in the game. My doc won't change due date after 12 weeks. What caused them I
Change it this late?

They've moved mine in the first tri after a scan but I didn't think it usually happened towards the end. Did you have any early ultrasounds?

never in 3rd tri have I heard of dates being moved! my boy is 2 weeks ahead on all scans but they told me that they don't change ur EDD after the 12 week dating scan, as after all its only an estimate and all babies grow at different rates after then.. why have they changed you do you know? x

I've argued right from the start mines 3 weeks off and they will not move it even though according to my current due date (the one they won't change) I had a scan at Epau at a diifferent hospital which had sac and start of fetal pole BEFORE I was even pregnant

They won't change mine from the 16th June ad this is what the 12week can said when I know its earlier then that as I wouldn't of got a positive test result also has a early scan it picked up hb which doesn't happen till 6weeks but they would put me at 5 :/. I go off my dates :/ how come they changed it?

My doctor said this was the 2nd time she has ever changed a persons due date this late. But every ultrasound she was measuring 2 weeks behind, so she said she thinks she measured me wrong, and adding my irregular menstral cycle, (I only get a period every 42-45 days or 8 times a year), she thinks she placed my due date wrong the first ultrasound.

that's happened with me from the start, im in UK though I don't know if its different. the opposite way though, im 2 ahead not 2 behind.. on FH and on every scan since my dating scan. my MW also said the sonographer must have measured incorrectly at my first scan, but just to expect him a little early and she wont let me go over my EDD.. she said they never change the estimated due dates after first trimester unless there is a huge difference at the 20 week scan in which case further tests for issues would be taken to find out why, must be different here x

That is very very strange. And to be honest I really wouldn't be happy with that.

You could still potentially go overdue by 2 weeks and if your original date was correct then this means 4 weeks.

Given that the placenta begins to reduce in efficiency at 37 weeks I'd be quite nervous at the possible consequences.

I wasn't happy at all at first, but I just went for a check up, checking fluids and everything, and my doctor seems way happier now. I trust her, she is a good doctor. I figure she will come when she is ready to come.

I have always been an odd ball.. I swear never following the norm with anything. Lol. I'm more disappointed that I might miss my sister in law's wedding since her wedding is August 10th.. Kinda bummed considering my husband is a groomsmen.

Mine got changed after my ultrasound at 20 weeks. They moved it from June 11th to June 18th. Thank goodness, because we're so not ready for this baby to be here on the 11th! I think it will be born right around the due date, somewhere from the 15th-21st, which would be perfect for us.

with my first my 8 week ultrasound put my due date at November 8th at my 20 week ultrasound my daughter was measuring with her due date being November 2nd my doctor said they dont change due dates late in pregnancy because all babies grow at different rates after 8-12 weeks..my daughter was born on november 2nd so i guess the 20 week was right for us!

With my daughter the consultant changed mine forward 2 weeks at my 30 week scan. Don't worry about it - it's only an approximate date anyway, and they have probably done it to avoid having to induce you unnecessarily if you go over, as most hospitals have a policy that they have to induce you so many days past your due date. :shrug:

In the end I went at 37 weeks, so not anywhere near the estimated date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->