Doctor complaining about patient on Facebook...

The doctor was unprofessional and niave end of, I imagine they're feeling rather silly right now, at least I hope they are. I am intelligent enough to know what to say on Facebook, whether I trust them or not. The mistake is what she wrote, not who was there to say it to. The difference between Facebook and talking in person is we all saw exactly what she wrote, if she said it loudly it would have spread as hearsay which would have been much harder to get back to her and I wreckon much slimmer chances of it getting into the media.

I do agree, I'm not arguing a point, I'm just wondering why FB as a public medium is not acceptable but other genre of public medium are considered ok.

I mean if it was just her status what is so wrong with that. She said a patient was late all the time, I mean I don't see the big deal. It's when she posted details in the comments that got inappropriate.

I get the ranting part - I work in a doctor's office and it can be extremely stressful, sometimes blowing off steam with coworkers is the only way to get through the day. However I would never put anything on what is basically a public forum (no matter what your privacy settings are) or say anything where a patient would overhear. They may drive us crazy but you never know what someone's situation is or why they do what they do.

I think the mention of the stillbirth was very wrong and a step too far..

Well I guess it's up to her managers to decide. I know what I would do.

I do agree, I'm not arguing a point, I'm just wondering why FB as a public medium is not acceptable but other genre of public medium are considered ok.

I agree with this, however I have yet to see an article where a name had not been changed which wasn't the case here.

do we know she had a lot of friends? maybe she is only friends with a few people.

We know it went viral to the point it was in the media, that's enough, it proves she shared too much to people she shouldn't have done.

But it was one of the people on her fb that took a screen shot and reported it, its not been made clear if her fb was set to private or not.
It could have been a case of a private fb with just a few work colleges.

well this day on facebook you can see the statuses that your friends comment on. It could have been possibly one of her friend's friends that reported it.

well this day on facebook you can see the statuses that your friends comment on. It could have been possibly one of her friend's friends that reported it.

Not if the person writing the status has their settings right. That is only possible if it is public or friends of friends.

I agree with this, however I have yet to see an article where a name had not been changed which wasn't the case here.
The name of the doctor? I've seen quite a few.

Really, and they have kept their jobs?

Really, and they have kept their jobs?

As far as I know. They've usually been doctors who have regular columns, but sometimes its just been "Dr so and so from, such and such a hospital"

in that case so many people have their settings wrong! I have mine set to friends only.

I think it's unnecessary.

Grumble about it to your mum/hubby/best mate. Facebook? Na. I keep work off there, unless its lighthearted friendly type things. (Luckily never have bad days!)

I think it's unnecessary.

Grumble about it to your mum/hubby/best mate. Facebook? Na. I keep work off there, unless its lighthearted friendly type things. (Luckily never have bad days!)

the most I say about work is how I hate safety inspections :haha: just had one this morning!

I think it was wrong of her to post so many details...something simple like "I'm so frustrated when patients are consistently late!" would have been fine...but including the detail that the patient had a prior stillbirth? BAD TASTE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->