Doctor "i dont know what that is, but if it carries on come back?

vegazbaby

Reaction score
im a little lost and confused

ok its a long windy constipation saga,

constipation- resolved by comfort milk
bloated and hard tummy- cranial osteopath resolving with massage
arching back and rolling in a tense ball - unexplained assume wind
hiccups, coughing, sneezing and grunting - assume normal baby practice
screaming and giving food signs hour after feed ?
now being sick after feed and suddenly we are now getting a clear liquid shoot out his mouth randomly
he spends his day with either a bottle or dummy in his mouth and im sick of it, i miss seeing his beautiful lips.

doctor has said he is perfectly fine, how are you feeling? wtf piss off
when i asked about the clear liquid he said he didnt know what it was but to come back if it carries on?

called health visitor and she said the desire to eat after a feed is a cue sign to look into reflux and after 48 hours of infant gaviscon we will know either way

is anyone else fed up with going to the doc and being sent away feeling like you worry over nothing but knowing its not right

yes, i finally broke down yesterday and the midwife is now going to address the issue with the GP because my baby has had similar issues since he was born and she believes they should have by now referred me or made a diagnosis. he's now 6 months so the "it's wind" "it's colic" diagnosis does not cut it anymore!

it's very frustrating

ETA - I meant HV not midwife!

i think what angers me the most is they make you feel crap about not bf, go on and on about pnd, the questions i got asked about domestic abuse etc, and when you actually need support you dont get it, ive been told to get health visitor involved to speak to gp, when i mentioned the arching back, he said does that mean hes got wind then?
just made me feel stupid aparantly all babys move in weird positions

i think what angers me the most is they make you feel crap about not bf, go on and on about pnd, the questions i got asked about domestic abuse etc, and when you actually need support you dont get it, ive been told to get health visitor involved to speak to gp, when i mentioned the arching back, he said does that mean hes got wind then?
just made me feel stupid aparantly all babys move in weird positions

no i know exactly what you mean! get the health visitor involved it might help if you have a good one

I know exactly how you feel! My Lo's feeding problems started at 2 weeks, he was mainly breastfed then but feed time was always a misery. The 1st doc said colic and gave us suppositories for his poop. We made over 6 trips to the Gp before I said enough! I did lots of research and went armed with information and nice guidelines. I saw a dr who listened to me and started taking me serious when I told him Lo's daddy has some form of lactose interance (undiagnosed), and he drank soya milk as a baby. We were finally prescribed nutramigen lipl at 6 weeks and he's been a lot better since although the symptoms have not fully resolved. I've heard you can go through your health visitor if the gps are not helping (that is if you have a reasonable one) mine is considering getting us referred to a dietician as lo has days or should I say weeks where he goes off his milk.
Please don't let them rest till they do something. It hurts to see tour baby in pain and not be able to help them

this is a reflux!! i can't believe your doctor didn't diagnose it right on the spot, it's so common. As far as I heard here, gavicson doesn't always help so it's not exactly a proof that your bubs doesn't have reflux. All your symptoms you're describing were exactly what my daughter had for 3-4 months. I am now struggling with the same with DS :(
They might put your LO on special meds, keep him elevated after the feeds too.

i agree about NICE guidelines, i threw this at the GP last time I went and was given a trail on special milk.

look up the NICE guidelines on suspected allergies/intolerance for infants.

What lanaross said. My LO used to do all of those things and was diagnosed with reflux after many trips to the doctors and a&e.

Gaviscon didn't work for my LO so we kept him elevated after feeds, baby massage, and sort of just rode it out, trying to make him comfortable each time.

When he started on solids it has definitely got better and he has sort of outgrown it, although is still a very sicky baby. Hope you get things sorted soon for your LO xxx

thank you for all your replies i actually have relaxed since reading this

i put him to sleep in the bouncy chair and had a 2 hour nap, i did two baskets of ironing! thats never happened, so there is definately something in this, ive always wanted to try alternative things to just trying infacol or detinox etc etc and would rather know what im dealing with first, going to have a read through nice with hubby later, and then speak to hv on monday after following a weekend of upright sleeping after his feed,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->