Doctor referring me for early scan. Will be 6+3 what will I see?

angelbump

Reaction score
Iv had a tiny bit of brown spotting again and ever the worrier went straight to epu for check up.
Fortunately they all seemed to say "your overreacting were not concerned chill out lol" but in a nicer way.
Anyways they've referred me for a scan next week. What should I see if everything is okay? Xx

You'll see a teeny splodge and it may possible flicker which will be the heart beat :)

I have also had brown spotting today. I am 5+1 following ivf.
My clinic said they are not too concerened as I have no cramps and blood is not red.
They cant really do anything till my scan on 23rd and say its too early to see anything yet. Im petrified x

This is mine at 6w2d. I also saw the heartbeat. Good luck!

Attachments

• 6weeks.jpg
    6weeks.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 20
We saw a yolk sac, fetal pole and a tiny flicker of a heartbeat (at 5w6d). :)

Good luck!!!

Scout thankyou so much for sharing that picture, its amazing how that little splodge becomes a baby! Im so hoping theres a heartbeat I know its early but Im hoping I can see a little flicker! Thankyou everyone else im so excited to see it now ill post a pic after to share xx

This is what I saw at 6+0 weeks. It's literally just a blob with a heartbeat :D It's amazing how much baby has grown by 9ish weeks in my avatar. Good luck hun! x

Attachments

• photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 11
I have also had brown spotting today. I am 5+1 following ivf.
My clinic said they are not too concerened as I have no cramps and blood is not red.
They cant really do anything till my scan on 23rd and say its too early to see anything yet. Im petrified x

Hi there

I had brown spotting every day for about three weeks with my first and all was ok. I think it's quite common. Hope that reassures you a bit!

Thanks pootle :) I was a little alarmed but its a very very small amount its just because I had period pain cramps aswell that I was worried. Im a worrier anyway so instantly think the worst. Im sure ill be okay :) thankyou again for the reassurance x

Hi

I have them as well - it's my back just now!! Think hormones/stretching and other things!

I've been cautioned by more than one doctor and more than one ultrasound technician that an ultrasound before 7 weeks might not show much of anything. It depends so much on where baby implanted, the skill of the technician, and the model of ultrasound machine. It also depends on whether or not they do a vaginal scan. At 6 weeks, baby is just a little blob and maybe a flickering hb. I saw my current bubs for the first time at 6+1 and it had a flickering hb already but they couldn't find baby until they did the transvaginal scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->