Doctor said nothing is wrong???

tashaholtz

Reaction score
So i went to the doctor becuase i have been experienceing signs of pregnancy, so i went in and got a pregnancy test done, and a cysts test done to see if it was ovarian cysts, both have the same symptoms.

When i got in there, they did a urine test on me, which i know wasnt going to work becuase i have taken many of them and they all show up negative, and then she made me lay down and she did a pelvic exam with her hands to see if i had ovarian cysts. apparently there is nothing wrong with me, but i nkow there is. I mean i get nauceous, i have frequent headaches, i get dull achey cramps for long periods of time, my periods havent shown themselves in 3 months, and i ahve spotted like 3 different times, which are all typical of pregnancy.

This is what my doctor told me was that its probaby my period waiting to show up, but how can that happen? what do i have thats wrong with me? has anyone had anything wrong with them and they recently found out or they did find out what was wrong?

Please reply!!! its much appreciated!!!

have you had a blood hcg to say for sure if you are pregnant or not??

also blood tests for PCOS..... sounds like you have some of the symptoms

maybe see another doctor for a second opinion??

x

have you had a blood hcg to say for sure if you are pregnant or not??

also blood tests for PCOS..... sounds like you have some of the symptoms

maybe see another doctor for a second opinion??

x

Yes this. It doesn't seem like your doctor is being very thorough...

How can she tell from a pelvic exam to see if you have Ovarian cysts? How big does she think your ovaries are?! They check for cysts with ultrasound for a reason... Particularly if you may have PCOS, it's common to have lots of very small cysts - the "string of pearls" effect. It's also worth noting that you can have PCOS without actually having any cysts at all. The syndrome (PCOS) is a separate entity to just having PCO (polycystic ovaries).

I would be after them to do a scan and blood tests. Over here, PCOS is diagnosed by a woman having 2 out of 3 of the following positive results: blood tests, ultrasound and symptoms.

If you don't have any joy with this doctor, might be worth looking for a second opinion!

Didnt want to read and run but i am experiencing the same symptoms at the mo. No advice just huggs hun. xx

thanks you guys, i thought about that as well, but i dont have insurance yet, so i cant just go and see more doctors for second opinions. But i know for darn sure that you cant check for pcos from a pelvic exam, but as i mentioned i was sick that day with heavy cramping, so i wasnt thinking. but i was thinking this over later that evening when i got home, the only reason they diagnosed me with hypothyroidism was becuase they were trying ot look for symptoms of pcos before. Unfortunatly they only saw 1 cyst that day and didnt diagnose me that day, but they did say i was hypothyroid becuase of my TSH levels from the blood test they did.

I want a second opinion, so does anyone know any good insurance programs??

ok so now i am experienceing symptoms in my lower left back by my kidneys or probably lower than my kidneys. It hurts like no other. it only hurts when i lay down or when i sit down, but its fine when im standing. Does anyone else have a syptom like this in relation to kidney stones, ovarian cysts, or anything. . . . im so scared. NO INSURANCE OR HELP WITH FINANCES YET SO I NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!

It does sound like could pcos, but you defo need a different docs opinion and more testing!

As for insurance, can you get some through work, or through your partners work? We have a HMO through the company my husband work for and they are pretty good:thumbup:

If not, what about medicaid or the healthy families programme?

It does sound like could pcos, but you defo need a different docs opinion and more testing!

As for insurance, can you get some through work, or through your partners work? We have a HMO through the company my husband work for and they are pretty good:thumbup:

If not, what about medicaid or the healthy families programme?

Pcos has crossed my mind, but as said before nothing is availablefor me to hop onto for insurance. Medicaid said i made too much money, and i will probably get on to my husbands insurance as soon as he is hired on full time, hes only a temp at a major inc. right now, but i think within the next couple of weeks, i will have that insurace to rely on. I will look into it soon THANKS

:hugs:
We had to wait 3 months when dh started his new job before insurance kicked in, we also could'nt get medicaid. Its a woory I know, so hopefully your husbands firm will take him full time:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->