Doctor told me to expect miscarriage! Any happy thoughts out there?

Reaction score
My HCG levels the tuesday before last were 21 and a week later, yesterday they were only 71! My doctor told me to expect miscarriage and to call him when I start bleeding. After lots of research I am starting to believe he is right :cry: I go in for another HCG draw tomorrow. Has anyone been through this before and still had a viable pregnancy? I am not cramping or any other signs of an impending loss. Please help!!!!:cry:

I'm so sorry mama! :hugs: I didn't want to R&R... Hopefully baby is just a late bloomer and they'll see that hcg shoot right up! Thinking sticky thoughts for you!!

I've no advice but I wish you the very best for the next set of tests.

I think there's always hope hun, and it's never inappropriate to pray and have hopes. I don't know how hcg levels work exactly, but I wanted to offer support anyway. Wishing you the best, and that your baby sticks! Hugs!

I can't offer any hope but wanted to wish you all the best x

Hi Mama, it is best to be prepared just in case. However there is still hope. My hcg levels are incredibly slow to rise and I was told constantly that I would lose my daughter yet she is now 17m old. I won't lie, there were times I thought it was over myself, and I had a horrendous pregnancy. But she is fit and healthy and thriving. Good luck hon xx :hugs:

Just popped over from TTC after a loss - Don't give up all hope, but be prepared. My HCG levels didn't rise properly and I had an ectopic treated with methotrexate in october last year. HCG should double every 48 hrs, this happens in 85% of pregnancies. But as my consultant pointed out that means in 15% they do something different! :)

Hiya, I haven't been in quite the same position but at the start of my pregnancy I was told by a doctor to prepare myself for miscarriage as I was having bad abdominal pain, pain in my shoulder (which he said indicated an ectopic) and my HCG levels were slow to rise. I had several scans, which put my dates back by 2 weeks and I was told that the embryo was slow to grow. Now I'm 37 weeks (tomorrow) with a right chubby little thing! For so long I was preparing myself for miscarriage- it's only in the last few weeks that I've stopped dreading it as a very real and likely possibility. I really really hope that you have the same outcome, and if you do my advice is to put what the doctor said out of your mind- don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the pregnancy. Good luck :hugs:

Will pray for you hun, hope everything is fine:hugs:

Thanks everyone for all of the support and encouragement, it has really helped! Blood work later today and I woke up with major morning sickness today so I am thinking good sign. I will let everyone know and again thank you!

I went through and thanked everyone, I couldn't help it you all made me feel a lot better. I found a website on the Internet that calculates the HCG and when I enter mine they are coming up normal because they did double in 72 hours just not 48. So I am not giving up hope, I just can't yet! I have a blood draw in a little less then 2 hours and will have my results about three hours after that. Keeping my FX for the best, my HCG should be at least 144 if it doubled over these 48 hours and I am praying for a higher number than that. I just keep visualizing my numbers doubling and the little bean growing strong.

Good luck, I hope everything works out okay for you. Sending lots of positive vibes your way! :hugs:

Blood work done just waiting for results. Have lots of clear discharge today (tmi), and a bad sinus cold. I'm hoping they are all good signs! Will post when I get results...

It's a bit wrong of the doctor to put such a downer on it, but good luck hun. Fingers crossed bubba pulls through xx

good luck!! One of my best friends was told by her DR (A hole one, if you ask me) to expect a miscarriage too because she had a lot of problems...and her baby is 4 months old and healthy now! Don't give up hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->