Doctors & Duplicate Sick Notes, Can anyone in UK offer any advice on this please ...

xxCarrieAnnxx

Reaction score
Ok, so I have been on sick leave for a few months from my job and have had quite a number of sick notes from my doctor. I have had quite a traumatic few months and although I have tried to photocopy most of the notes before posting to my employer some have slipped the net.

I am currently fighting a legal case and my solicitor has asked for copies of all sick notes, so after searching the house today I am missing a few. I telephoned my doctor today, spoke to her direct and asked for duplicate copies and after arguing with me on the phone she refused on the grounds she is too busy to be making copies!!! Is she allowed to do this ??? It has really angered me as they are medical documents about myself so surely I should be allowed access to them right ?? Does anyone know anymore on this and can offer some advice please, I am thinking of telephoning again tomorrow and speaking to a different doctor but think I may be wasting my time, I am also going to try telephoning my employers pay roll department and asking if they possibly would send me duplicate copies but have a feeling they are going to tell me to go to my doctor ...

Any advice appreciated, thank you guys xx

I'm pretty sure your doctor won't have any copies stored anywhere Hun, they aren't on a duplicate pad, they just write it out and give you it as far as I'm aware. So the only way you could get an exact copy is to get payroll to photocopy the one you sent to them. Your doctor probably meant she is too busy to re-write them all again.

Sorry I can't be more help than that x

I'm pretty sure your doctor won't have any copies stored anywhere Hun, they aren't on a duplicate pad, they just write it out and give you it as far as I'm aware. So the only way you could get an exact copy is to get payroll to photocopy the one you sent to them. Your doctor probably meant she is too busy to re-write them all again.

Sorry I can't be more help than that x

TYVM hun, and thank you for pointing that out to me about not having copies stored. I guess I have had my head up my bum today because she was very rude to me on the phone. I am going to try my luck with payroll tomorrow xx

Don't worry love, there's no need for people to be so rude.

I'm not 100% sure about them not storing copies but I think they just make a note on your medical file xx

No they dont have copies, and not sure where they stand legally, but you could ust ask for one letter to say they they did provide cover for the whole period, you may have to pay for that though. Good luck x

wouldnt it be on your medical records? maybe get a copy and thats your proof x

wouldnt it be on your medical records? maybe get a copy and thats your proof x

Yes this, the doctore SHOULD be noting down each time she issues you a sick note.........and surely the pad will be numbered as well - - to stop fake ones etc.

Thank you to everyone who replied, I got in touch with my employers payroll department yesterday morning, and they are sending me all the original sick notes and didnt even ask why!! Obviously worried over nothing lol xx

Glad you got them in the end hun! Hope they help resolve whatever you're having to go through :hugs:

xo

Glad it's been sorted, things like these are such a stress though x

Aah glad the sick notes are being returned. I hope the whole thing can be sorted hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->