Doctors, Tests, & All the Rest!

xshell - Your FSH and LH levels don't matter very much at 8dpo. They're both low, which is good. You need those tested on CD3 for them to give you any insight into your ovarian reserve! Honestly, your bloods don't look very "PCOS-y"! Good luck at the appointment!

thanks again megg....well i tried explaing to the doctor about having my cd3 bloods done so my lh and fsh would be accurate and would have results for gyno in june but he said because my cycles are irregular i told him there normaly 28 to 30 days long and he said it doesnt matter when there done in the cycle unless im regular!!! even showed me it on some paper work ..... i used to have regular cycles before my mc 28/30 days long which i explained that i was charting and noticed my ov date changes sometimes from 10/14 days but i still have the same luteal phase length . i dont think he understood me. i always thought i was regular and a few days difference in cycle length wouldnt matter but obviously it does!!!

thanks again megg....well i tried explaing to the doctor about having my cd3 bloods done so my lh and fsh would be accurate and would have results for gyno in june but he said because my cycles are irregular i told him there normaly 28 to 30 days long and he said it doesnt matter when there done in the cycle unless im regular!!! even showed me it on some paper work ..... i used to have regular cycles before my mc 28/30 days long which i explained that i was charting and noticed my ov date changes sometimes from 10/14 days but i still have the same luteal phase length . i dont think he understood me. i always thought i was regular and a few days difference in cycle length wouldnt matter but obviously it does!!!

A few days shouldn't matter! And, it definitely does need to be done on CD3 specifically! They say it doesn't matter when its done if you have cycles that just drag on forever... Like the girls with 60+ day cycles and they never know when their next AF will come... but if you know within a few days when she'll show... then you should have them done CD3. Can you still get that tested?

Btw, this makes me hate docs even more! They should know more about this than I do! :(

Ooh! Totally forgot to update with my final tally! When I turned in my jug of urine, I was at almost exactly 2600ml or about 88 fl oz!!!

The pic below is the jug I had to collect in. I took the pic early on in the collection process. The arrow shows where the "fluid line" was after my final collection. Keep in mind, this thing only barely fit on the top shelf of my fridge!

https://i42.tinypic.com/szh8qu.jpg

Thats a lot of pee Megg :)

hx

At least they've got plenty to be going on with!

Possible interesting correlation with m/c and celiac, but can't take much from that study unfort, the sample size is just too small - I hope they undertake a bigger study though, it seems worth pursuing.

xshell, I am so sorry , you should change drs, (s)he is a twit, the bloods HAVE to be done on CD3!!!

That is a lot of pee... and i cant believe they made you put that thing in the fridge. They used to need refrigerated years ago but now they done bother but some places still tell people to do it. I am a transplant coordinator and arrange everything for patients undergoing a transplant, workup patients to be ready for it and we do the 24 hour pee collections all the time..

anyway I am waffling...its been a long time since i seen one that full.. its normally under 2L, so well done you, you have some nice healthy kidneys there girl.

I got the impression that too much was a bad thing! I read that anything over 2500ml is considered "too much"... You know more about this than me... So, I'd appreciate any info. The concern is regarding whether my kidneys are leaving the proper amount of fluids in my body. So, is there not such a thing as "too much" urine output? Now I'm all confused! LOL

Day 1 of waiting on the bleed! *taps fingers* This is going to be a long few days!

Yes, honey! It should start anytime from tomorrow on... Friday at the latest, probably! I'm just impatient!

So, I got a call from my GP's office today. They're the ones that ordered the DI test with the urine collection and bloods. Anyway, they said that my doctor wants me to come get more labs done because it showed "my sugar was a little high along with some other stuff" or something like that. If this is my first set of bloods, then I'm pissed. No one even asked me about fasting or anything. I had it done about 20 min after lunch. Of course my sugar might have looked a little high if they assumed I hadn't just eaten. If she tries to put me back on the Metformin that was making me hypoglycemic, I'll be less than happy. Anyway, I told them that I want a copy of the bloods when I come in and to please have it ready in my folder. I decided I'd do it tomorrow morning so I could ensure fasting and no confusion.

Its funny... I couldn't really care less about my sugar at this juncture. I'm glad that's what we're focusing on! But, whatever! I'll let report in when I have an answer.

All of it was about my glucose because some idiot marked that I was fasting when I wasn't... not that anyone ASKED me if I was fasting! So, they marked that I was fasting and my glucose level was 140. However, I had JUST eaten a full meal. So, its not even sort of shocking that it was 140!

Anyway, I have some of the results from the urine thing back... I just don't know what they mean really. Some of it doesn't look quite right to me.

Here goes the boring!

5/12 - blood

Sodium 141 [137-145]
Potassium 4.3 [3.5-5.0]
Chloride 105 [101-111]
CO2 29 [21-32]
Glucose 140 H [65-100] <--- Where they said I was fasting when I wasn't! :dohh:
BUN 13 [7-17]
Creat 0.9 [0.7-1.2]
GFR >60 [>60]
Calcium 8.7 [8.4-10.2]
Uric Acid 5.1 [2.5-6.2]

5/13 - urine

Volume of Collection 2625
Creatinine Clearance 147 [100-180]*
Creat, Urine, QT 2620 [Normal:Male 1200-2000; Female 800-1500]
Creatinine 0.8 [0.7-1.2]

*Internet suggests that their numbers are a bit high (from WebMD):

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4619949556_1fa00d40fd_o.jpg

5/14 - blood

Sodium 138 [137-145]
Potassium 4.4 [3.5-5.0]
Chloride 104 [101-111]
CO2 26 [21-32]
Glucose 105 H [65-100] <--- Where they said I was fasting when I wasn't! :dohh:
BUN 12 [7-17]
Creat 0.8 [0.7-1.2]
GFR >60 [>60]
Calcium 8.9 [8.4-10.2]
Uric Acid 4.7 [2.5-6.2]

That's all I've got! Like I said, I don't know much about it. The "CREAT, URINE, QT" thing seems off... and I don't know how I feel about "Creatinine 0.8 [0.7-1.2]" since its really close to too low.

Calling goddess25? You seem to know what this is all about! LOL They didn't talk to me about any of it at all today! I'd love any input available!

I think they look okay. Creatinine is waste made by your body during metabolism, and your kidneys excret it into your urine. If your kidneys arnt working properly you have low levels in your urine and high levels in your blood, both or yours are within range. It being in lower levels in your urnine could mean you were just dehydrated or under hydrated at the time. That whole test is aimed at looking at your kidney function, it could be better, but I dare say all of our kidney function could be better, drink more water to help flush them out and at less garbage like we have all been told, but who listens?!:haha:

Thanks, Michelle! Can I just say that I was very excited to see your username as the last post in this thread... hell, ANY thread! :hugs: I've missed you soooooo much!

Megg

Just sent you a PM. Everything looks ok.

Have you got some more tests that you need to do soon?

I got your PM! Thanks, goddess! :hugs:

Yeah, I have a list of things I'm hoping to have checked on CD3. Just realized how that could be an issue. I have a feeling tomorrow will be CD1. That makes CD3 on Saturday, and my doc only works M-F. *sigh* Does CD2 work? Because CD5 is the next chance I'll get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->