doctors today

The mind can be a powerful thing...
Even -if- it was the worst scenario, it probably wouldn't be as bad as you think. With you being so young still they'd probably put you on an luteinising hormone releasing hormone to temp stop the production of oestrogen. This means that you won't be able to conceive for the 3 years you're on it, but should be just fine after that. While you're taking these pills daily they'll probably do surgery to remove the lumps. And you do have a choice in that, whether you just want the lumps removing or the whole breast. I'm guessing you'd go for the lump. After the surgery you'd get radiotheraphy, and chances are with you being so young, it would be just fine.

But honestly Rachel, the chances of it just being a cyst are sooo much higher. Every woman gets them at some point in their life. You know that the best thing you can do is go to the GP and just get it checked. At very worst, you'll get treated while it's still in early stages. But really, I do believe you'll just walk in and out and not have to worry.

My mates just died of cancer that's why i am so scared.. i know i am probably reading into it to much and it probably is nothing much xx

That would fully explain your worry =) Was it breast cancer she died of? Or a different type? As there is a big difference between types of cancer. But yeah, it's only natural to be scared, and if you've just lost someone that fear will be a lot worse.

And you can't ever look too far into something, it's a good thing to do so =) But really, like said by others before, you need to get it checked. At the small chance that it -is- something to worry about, you want to catch it as early on as possible and treat it.

Having said that and repeated it a couple of times, I'm sure you get what I'm saying now, so I'll stop harassing you ;)

You ever got yourself so scared you can't eat or sleep because its playing on your mind so much yet you still can't find the courage to face up to it? That's what it feels like, i know that it could be nothing and i am making myself look like a fool by over reacting yet i think about Lewie and then i think well what if it is more serious and they fail me the way they failed him.

That would fully explain your worry =) Was it breast cancer she died of? Or a different type? As there is a big difference between types of cancer. But yeah, it's only natural to be scared, and if you've just lost someone that fear will be a lot worse.

And you can't ever look too far into something, it's a good thing to do so =) But really, like said by others before, you need to get it checked. At the small chance that it -is- something to worry about, you want to catch it as early on as possible and treat it.

Having said that and repeated it a couple of times, I'm sure you get what I'm saying now, so I'll stop harassing you ;)

He had Leukemia, he was only 16 when he died, a month before his 17th :cry:.
Yeh i do understand and i know deep down that i will HAVE to get it sorted but i haven't got the strength to face up to it just yet xx

Different types of cancer act very differently. Taken Lewie was male I doubt he had breast cancer. Liver cancer for example spreads very quickly and is very difficult to recover from, same goes for gastric cancer. Breast cancer on the other hand, spreads less quickly and often does not spread further than the breast tissue. So when breast tissue is removed, it often stops the cancer. This can't be done with liver, longue or gastric cancer. I do understand the fear though

The worry can't be doing you any good either, and after a while of this you'll actually bring down your immune system by stressing too much. Not enough food, not enough sleep, stress - it makes you a lot more likely to catch things like cold or flu. You'll feel so much better after you get it checked out, just the peace of mind you'll get from it.

--Edit--
Leukemia is horrible and hard to treat too. I'm so sorry about Lewie =(

Different types of cancer act very differently. Taken Lewie was male I doubt he had breast cancer. Liver cancer for example spreads very quickly and is very difficult to recover from, same goes for gastric cancer. Breast cancer on the other hand, spreads less quickly and often does not spread further than the breast tissue. So when breast tissue is removed, it often stops the cancer. This can't be done with liver, longue or gastric cancer. I do understand the fear though

The worry can't be doing you any good either, and after a while of this you'll actually bring down your immune system by stressing too much. Not enough food, not enough sleep, stress - it makes you a lot more likely to catch things like cold or flu. You'll feel so much better after you get it checked out, just the peace of mind you'll get from it.

--Edit--
Leukemia is horrible and hard to treat too. I'm so sorry about Lewie =(

I have had the flu for the past 2 weeks, is that why i'm feeling so low :dohh:
An thank you, he meant the world to me and it hurts so much to know even a little of what fear he may have had x

:hugs:
Just relax! Take really deep breaths...and then think about it.

*Takes deep breath and wipes eyes*
You girls are right and i am just being silly and most of all selfish, i got to be healthy + happy for my baby boy (and for Ian :rofl:) but anyway i am going to book an appointment and i will speak to the doctor about it and i will try not to get scared and make up another excuse for actually being there.
*gives giant squeezes* Thanks girls xxxxx

Glad you have decided to go back it really is the best thing to do. I very much doubt there is anything seriously wrong as you are very young to have breast cancer but you must get it checked out for your little boys sake. :hug: let us know how it goes.

Huge :hugs: Go and get it looked at hunny, it'll probably be nothing and you're worrying for no reason. But do please go xx

Yes you must must must go get it checked out.
My mum went to the doctors this week about a lump in her breast, well the doctor found one in the other breast and she has hospital next week. It will most likely be a cyst.
They will give you answers real quick hun so please dont delay any longer, it isnt worth.
:hugs:

yes must get it checked sweetie i know how scary it is as i had a lump between my legs and cervical cancer runs in my family.
I really didnt want to go but i just plucked up the courage .. turned out to be nothing and it went.
Also it will put your mind to rest hun.
Please go x x

Best to get it checked out hun xxx Hope all goes well. update us xx

My OH made me go to the Drs because he felt a lump in my breast. I wasn't too concerned because I'm used to the feel of my breasts, but he did kinda freak me out because HE'D picked it up and he's not the very observant type.

I was kinda scared, went in, sorted out something else I needed first and then said "my bf also said he felt a lump in my breast, I don't think it's anything, but..he made me come..." She said it's best to check and I just lay on the bed while she felt my boobs. It was mildly embarassing, but they see much worse every day and it turned out to just be hormonal changes.. I felt all sweaty and hadn't shaved for a day so it made it more embarassing, but I was just glad to get it sorted. My mum has had cysts before, so she's told me to keep a check often.

I was going to run, but I thought "screw it, I'll just have to come in again and that's plain irritating!" so I just blurted it out and the doc took it from there.

Good luck. And it's better to know what's happening than to keep worrying about it. :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->