doctors today

Jayden'sMummy

Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx
Reaction score
I'm so scared about going today because i am dreading the answer.

about 2 and half month ago i found a lump in my right boob but i ignored it and ignore it but Ian felt it ( haha :blush:) and is making me go the doctors over it, what makes it worse is that i've already got one (in my armpit but more towards my boob :dohh:) and i have had it for about 2 years now and keep avoiding going to my appointments what the doctors make for me at the breast clinic. to be honest i am shitting myself, i told Ian its not bothering me and there nothing but i'm just scared to admit to him that i am so scared of what they might be xx

:hug: Sorry to hear this, I do think you should get it checked out though.

You're right to be getting it seen to Rachel. A few years ago I found a lump and was refered to hospital and they told me I had a cyst. You are doing the right thing just don't panic (like I did). Good luck will be thinking of you xXx

I can fully understand why you were worried, but with as young as you are it's probably a non cancerous cyst or something. Still, it's better to get these things checked out...

Any chance of an update on how things went?

I've been wondering how you got on too Rachel xXx

I know it's scary but it's better that you went to the doctors. Hope things went okay xx

:hugs: thinking of you sweetie, your defiantly right to have it checked, i had one once that turned out to be a gland :hugs: please let us no how you are rach, thinking of you :hugs:

Am sorry girls, i got scared and when i got in there i just said i wanted something for my cold, i'm so scared xx

I know exsactly how you feel hun. I get scared going to the doctors too.
Could your OH go with you? Or a friend?

:hugs:

Aww Rachel, I can really understand how scary it must be, but you have to do it. Once you've gone you'll feel a hell of a lot better for it. And honestly, the chance of it being something bad is quite small. And even if it is bad, if it's caught early you'll be just fine.

Just reading up, apparently lumps in breasts are very common and in 85% of the cases it's benign (non cancerous). It's usually to do with hormonal changes, now you being a teen and a new mummy, there will be a heck of a lot of hormonal changes that have gone on in your body. Just give this link a quick read:Breast Lump.

Now, to play the guilt card, wouldn't you rather make sure you have a long healthy time with Jayden? ;) All it takes is 1 trip to the doctors. It will get the worry off your mind, as stress and worry can bring on other health symptoms. It's very likely your doctor will just send you home after feeling it and tell you it's just a cyst or fatty lump. At worst he'll send you to get a biopsy taken and go from there.

Maybe next time you go (and you will go hon!) you should take Ian with you? That way you can't run =) If he can't find time I'd happily come around to go with you, you shouldn't be more than 40 minutes away from me. -- Edit -- Don't make him wait outside next time, that way you'll have more support from him.

I know exsactly how you feel hun. I get scared going to the doctors too.
Could your OH go with you? Or a friend?

:hugs:

Ian came with me but i made him wait outside, i knew i couldn't do it i don't know wats wrong with me, i know i'm probably over reacting and reading to much into it but its so scary x

Aww Rachel, I can really understand how scary it must be, but you have to do it. Once you've gone you'll feel a hell of a lot better for it. And honestly, the chance of it being something bad is quite small. And even if it is bad, if it's caught early you'll be just fine.

Just reading up, apparently lumps in breasts are very common and in 85% of the cases it's benign (non cancerous). It's usually to do with hormonal changes, now you being a teen and a new mummy, there will be a heck of a lot of hormonal changes that have gone on in your body. Just give this link a quick read:Breast Lump.

Now, to play the guilt card, wouldn't you rather make sure you have a long healthy time with Jayden? ;) All it takes is 1 trip to the doctors. It will get the worry off your mind, as stress and worry can bring on other health symptoms. It's very likely your doctor will just send you home after feeling it and tell you it's just a cyst or fatty lump. At worst he'll send you to get a biopsy taken and go from there.

Maybe next time you go (and you will go hon!) you should take Ian with you? That way you can't run =) If he can't find time I'd happily come around to go with you, you shouldn't be more than 40 minutes away from me. -- Edit -- Don't make him wait outside next time, that way you'll have more support from him.

:hugs::cry: i want to be healthy for Jayden but, i don't know i guess it's just the fact i've made myself think of worst case scenario and i think well what if? ... xx

Hun, i once felt a lump and my breast was so painful too. It turned out to be a gland under my arm. But i was having panic attacks and everything over it.
You will feel alot better once you have gone and told him about it hun, i promise.

The way i get over my fear is by thinking " IF it is something, then they can fix it!"

Rachel - i dont want to scare you when i write this, and im a nurse, and i honestly think its like the others say thats is prob due to hormone changes or a benign cyst, and at such a young age i would be very surprised if it was anything serious....

BUT if it is anything serious (touch wood it isnt) and you need treatment, you are delaying the time of getting this treatment, and if we are talking about breast cancer here, then delaying treatment could have serious consequences. And you also have a baby to think about who needs his mummy.

Sorry if this sounds too upfront, but i would say exactly the same to a patient.

Big hugs to you hun, go and get checked asap xxx

The mind can be a powerful thing...
Even -if- it was the worst scenario, it probably wouldn't be as bad as you think. With you being so young still they'd probably put you on an luteinising hormone releasing hormone to temp stop the production of oestrogen. This means that you won't be able to conceive for the 3 years you're on it, but should be just fine after that. While you're taking these pills daily they'll probably do surgery to remove the lumps. And you do have a choice in that, whether you just want the lumps removing or the whole breast. I'm guessing you'd go for the lump. After the surgery you'd get radiotheraphy, and chances are with you being so young, it would be just fine.

But honestly Rachel, the chances of it just being a cyst are sooo much higher. Every woman gets them at some point in their life. You know that the best thing you can do is go to the GP and just get it checked. At very worst, you'll get treated while it's still in early stages. But really, I do believe you'll just walk in and out and not have to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->