doctors update today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BBonBoard, Dec 23, 2009.

1. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

So after last week and my baby girl trying to come a bit early, I have been on bed rest, I went to the doctor today. He checked my cervix and I am 3cm dilated, and 80% effaced, but my cervix is high. He said he thinks she will stay in a few more weeks, even though I have lost my mucus plug. He estimated her weight and said right now she is right about 5 pounds and that if I carry her to 40 weeks, he said she will be between 6 and 6 1/2 pounds, he said she is a small baby. When he measured my belly today it was only 35cm. I am going to be 37 weeks friday so I thought I should be measuring 37cm. I am a bit worried about this, but he didnt seem to worried. Anyways, here I am sitting and waiting to meet my little girl. I know that every day she is inside my belly the better it is for her.

2. MiissMuffet

MiissMuffet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry u are having a rough time. i hope she stays put for a few more weeks :hugs: xx

3. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

I hope your little one sits tight for a couple weeks more.

I am measuring a few cm behind too - same due date as you!

I have had 2 growth scans now and they say baby is 'measuring fine' - I have never been given any estimate weight - though from reading some of the posts on B&B these estimates are often way out!

I am expecting a small baby too - my bump is the smallest 36+wk bump ever!

I hope your doctor is right and she does stay there a couple more weeks.

My little one is breech - so have an appt with consultant next tuesday 37+4 to decide how we proceed!:flower:

4. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

ellie27 I hope your little one will decide to rotate soon and go head down. How big do they say your little one is measuring, did they tell you?

5. Laurn82

Laurn82 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about size. My ds was born at 40 weeks and weighed 5lb6 and was perfect in every way! Plus they could be way out with their estimates. I have been told again this time to expect a small baby. The way i look at it is i'm only 5ft1 so wouldn't expect (or want) a huge baby! Hope your lo decides to stay put for a few weeks!!! x