doctors update today

BBonBoard

Proud Mommy of 2 girls
Reaction score
So after last week and my baby girl trying to come a bit early, I have been on bed rest, I went to the doctor today. He checked my cervix and I am 3cm dilated, and 80% effaced, but my cervix is high. He said he thinks she will stay in a few more weeks, even though I have lost my mucus plug. He estimated her weight and said right now she is right about 5 pounds and that if I carry her to 40 weeks, he said she will be between 6 and 6 1/2 pounds, he said she is a small baby. When he measured my belly today it was only 35cm. I am going to be 37 weeks friday so I thought I should be measuring 37cm. I am a bit worried about this, but he didnt seem to worried. Anyways, here I am sitting and waiting to meet my little girl. I know that every day she is inside my belly the better it is for her.

I'm sorry u are having a rough time. i hope she stays put for a few more weeks :hugs: xx

I hope your little one sits tight for a couple weeks more.

I am measuring a few cm behind too - same due date as you!

I have had 2 growth scans now and they say baby is 'measuring fine' - I have never been given any estimate weight - though from reading some of the posts on B&B these estimates are often way out!

I am expecting a small baby too - my bump is the smallest 36+wk bump ever!

I hope your doctor is right and she does stay there a couple more weeks.

My little one is breech - so have an appt with consultant next tuesday 37+4 to decide how we proceed!:flower:

ellie27 I hope your little one will decide to rotate soon and go head down. How big do they say your little one is measuring, did they tell you?

I wouldn't worry too much about size. My ds was born at 40 weeks and weighed 5lb6 and was perfect in every way! Plus they could be way out with their estimates. I have been told again this time to expect a small baby. The way i look at it is i'm only 5ft1 so wouldn't expect (or want) a huge baby! Hope your lo decides to stay put for a few weeks!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->