Does a lazy baby predict a calm baby ?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Anyone have a lazy baby in pregnancy and their baby turned out to be very mellow and calm? I'm really hoping this is a good sign lol.... He's definitely not as active as my others were , sometimes it worries me ... Sometimes I'm just feeling like he a good sleeper, my last was extremely colic and full of energy, never slept!

I hope so! My first was a sleepy baby in my belly, to the point that the doctor would rock my whole body to wake her up! And she was a great sleeper in general, and relatively calm. She still is.

This time around I have a mover and shaker, but she seems to have calmed down in the last 2-3 weeks. She has been sleeping a lot which makes me nervous because her patterns have changed so drastically... I think I would be anxious no matter what.

DD was definitely a "relaxed" baby during her stay, and has turned out to be a very calm baby and toddler too (but active and always running around!). She never woke me up or kept me up with movements at night like I've read about on here before, and started sleeping through for 12+ hours at 5 weeks exactly.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :flower:

No way! DD was so quiet in there, I thought for sure she would be a calm baby. Since she was born she has been non stop energy. (She is 13 months old now)

My DS was crazy active in the womb and was a very difficult baby - colic, milk allergies, tongue tie, didn't sleep through until 18 months. This one is very active too, I'm hoping it isn't going to be the same...but at least this time I know it will eventually end!! Although DS still wakes 50% of nights 😴

DS was really relaxed and calm, he wasn't as active as I had expected and it was my first. This baby is definitely more active.

DS was and always has been a really mellow baby. He slept well, didn't cry much. I credited the sleep to good habits from the NICU schedule, but he was probably just a mellow baby....what does this say about the one I'm pregnant with? LOL

This one seems more chilled out than my dd in the womb and she was a terrible sleeper! Awake til 2am and didnt sleep through til she was about 14 months. Hoping this one will be a chilled one ;)

My son was so quiet I'm the womb and was a really difficult baby with really bad reflux...although he slept fairly well! Think he tired himself out screaming so much.

He also never stayed still and still doesn't sit still at nearly 4 years old!

This baby is very active so thinking maybe she'll be quiet!

Thanks!! Seems like most seemed to go with the pattern in the womb, but you others are freaking me out !! Haha .... I sure hope he's a good sleeper.... My last was also very active in the womb.... Spent the first yr in and out of the hospital with digestive issues, never ever slept , longest stretch of sleep was 1.5 hrs until he was almost 18 months old! It was seriously a nightmare.... That is probably why there is a 5 yr gap between them now lol. (My 1st was an angel, super healthy and slept fantastic, that's why I had another one right after, 18 months apart)

Not necessarily. :) but I wouldn't mind. This baby is pretty chill.

My DD was a lazy baby for sure. She turned out to be a great sleeper and pretty calm for a 20 month old. I'm scared with this little girl because she is super active!

My youngest brother was quiet in the womb as my mother said. He's not the most active person but he definitely wasn't a calm/quiet baby. In fact he was very sensitive and nervous. Needed constant comforting and had severe stranger anxiety from a very young age.

That's not to say it was caused by being "lazy" in the womb. my sister had similar characteristics and she wasn't overly lazy in the womb.

In my experience no way! I was in hospital a lot for reduced fetal movement, she just never moved! When she was born she was pretty calm for the first week or two and ever since she's been a nightmare haga. She was nocturnal for six months and now she's just plain bonkers and still causing trouble x

Oh, I sure hope so. Though, you're definitely not alone in wondering this. I've thought a out numerous times throughout this pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing out a little BC she's so quiet. Though it would be nice for her to be a calm, quiet, mellow baby! It would be worth missing all the movements!

My youngest brother was quiet in the womb as my mother said. He's not the most active person but he definitely wasn't a calm/quiet baby. In fact he was very sensitive and nervous. Needed constant comforting and had severe stranger anxiety from a very young age.

That's not to say it was caused by being "lazy" in the womb. my sister had similar characteristics and she wasn't overly lazy in the womb.

This sounds exactly like my LO!

In my case, no! I was really hoping DD would be a lovely mellow baby and a good sleeper because she was so chilled during pregnancy, she didn't move much at all and seemed to sleep most of the time. Well I guess she was storing all that sleep up so she wouldn't need to sleep for the first couple of years after birth :haha:.

For me, not at all. My son was so quiet and calm in the womb. And he was the exact opposite after being born. He needed to be walked around almost all of the time to not be screaming.

This baby is extremely active in the womb, so I don't have any expectations honestly. I think the womb and the outside world are so markedly different that baby's behavior can't be determined based on one.

Whelp....There goes my hopeful expectations! Hahaha ... I guess we will find out any day now..... I will have to keep posted how he does through the nights..... This shall be interesting! I'm secretly becoming terrified.... I thought I forget and let go of the past ;p clearly they are haunting me these days!! Pleaseeeee baby sleep well for mommy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->