Does a positive opk come up right away?

7kt13

Reaction score
This is my 3rd cycle doing opks and temping but so far my opks and my temps haven't matched up (my opks have been positive 4-5 days before the temp change). So I think I must be reading them wrong...

I'm using the ICs and usually when I dip I get the control line right away and then a few minutes later I get the test line. Last cycle I had a few test lines that I thought were the same as the control but even with those it never came up right away, took at least a minute.

When you have a positive opk, does it usually come up much more quickly?

Also, does anyone know how to get the smiley face ones for cheap in canada? It is $70 here are my drugstore!

I'm using them for the first time, too - the ICs - on the package, it says to read result in 5 minutes, but I think all brands are different - I had one that was super dark last night, but not quite as dark as the control line - and it took about a minute to show up...I guess I'll just keep on testing! Sorry they are so expensive there:(...I've used the smiley face ones before but I just can't keep spending that kind of money! This TTC thing is pricey!

im going to agree with izzy and say it depends on the brand. tho in my experience my positive "developed" at the same rate as the control line.

i found a video on youtube in which a lady showed her opk test result and her positive came up very quick tho she didnt have the camera on the stick the whole time....and of course i cant find the video now but i will find it for you to compare

well this isnt the exact video i was refering too but its the same information and she keeps the camera on the stick...skip thru to minute 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5iB_EjZCfU

Thank you both! That is really helpful!

If I don't get a clear positive this cycle I might just splurge and buy some of those smiley face ones, so much easier to interpret!!

yeah thats what i did too. the first month i wasted ALOT of them but now i only use them when it looks like its developing quickly and last cycle i only used 2 so at that rate it will be money well spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->